News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Midi encoder

Started by sweetbb, February 20, 2018, 06:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetbb

While cleaning my switches today and getting everything together, I thought about something today, which could turn out to be a problem for me.

My midi encoder has 5 channels of digitals inputs, each channel has 64 inputs. - Giving total of 320 digital inputs.
This same encoder, has one channel of analogue inputs, and it can read 64 inputs.

I am using this encoder for vArranger in my project.  I have already wired up two manuals and one pedal board.  The digital inputs that are not being used for keys and pedals, will be used for switches, to control vArranger parameters. 

Say for example, my midi encoder can transmit midi messages on channel 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

1. Will vArranger be able to read all 5 channels?  I know it can read at least 3 channels for the organ function, but what about extra two channels?
2. The analogue input's on the midi encoder, is on the same channel as the first channel of digital inputs.  Will I be able to use them at all?

Dan

For playing music, you need to stay with the 3 organ channels of vArranger
For the CONTROLLERS, you can use any channels, including the organ ones

sweetbb

thank you Dan.  I was really worried for a moment.  I just tested, and vArranger2 is listning on all 5 channels of my midi encoder.  I am doing the Happy Dance.  ;D