News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Integration of V3-Sonority in vArranger

Started by Carlo, November 26, 2017, 06:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo

Hello Dan,

Would it be possible to integrate the V3-Sonority Soundlist, so that we can choose this module in the Midi-out Menu ?
(Like GM, GM2, GS, XG, Yamaha Motif, Roland Fantom, SD2, SD4, SD1000)

I have attached the V3 INS-file that i have created.

Best Regards,
Carlo

lakere

I had been waiting for Ketron to iron out the bugs on the SD40, but decided to give up on it.   Ketron moves too slow even if they do anything.    I am going to stick with vArranger.   I just love the fact vArranger can play a number of different formats.   Now, I am going to order a V3 Sound Sonority.   It would be great if we can have vArranger support the nice sounding module.   

Tuggen

Great!

Is this including the add on sound packs?
I checked the 100 organ and very few classic organ sounds but much more theatre, and also a lot of the German sound. Personally I hade prefered much more classic organ sounds.

There is a very interessting piano version also. I guees a few of the sounds in the piano version are also in the standard? If so those who get both get some duplicates of sound

I hope it will be included in Varranger. What is the difference with that compared to use the .ins file as is?
Did you compare it to SD1000? Any ideas how styles will compare to SD1000?

haweneu

Hi,
i use a SD1000 and V3 Sonority together with VA2.
In the future V3 Sound will make a special Sonority that is compatible to the SD1000.

In the moment you must use an INs File, to select Sonority sounds in VA2.

I tested some styles with SD1000 only and then with Sonority only.
Both sounds very good!

Best regards
Werner

tthoms

Hi,
as hawenau mentioned in an earlier post, the V3-Sonority will be adapted to simulate a SD1000 until the frankfurt fare. But I think that the V3-Sonority specific instruments and especially the additional modules (Organ,Akkordeon, etc.) could only integrated over a ins-file. There we have will have the problem that the channels ar not written with the correct instrument names. I can't believe that the steering of the effects could be made with the same effect window as it is used for the SD1000.

Therefore the initial question from carlo is a good question. There are now a view vA2 users who are interested to use the V3-Sonority module. Why not made a full integration in vA2 lwith a new device "V3-Sonority" who can be chosen in the Midi-out Menu?  Why not a additional effect window in the options, like ist is implemented for sd2 and sd1000?

Dan please answer our questions about the integration of V3-Sonority. If it is a commercial problem, we should find a solution. (Each option has a price!)
Thom

Dan

I don't think it's a good idea for the V3 to clone the Ketron SD1000, and better for the V3 to keep its own personality
As there is so many modules out there... I will try to add the possibility to display the sound names from the INS file (I need to be careful as this may slow down vArranger if the INS file is very big)
By the way, I never heard this module...

A good idea would be if they release few specific styles to go with the module and vArranger :)

tthoms

Hi Dan,
many thanks for the answer. I agree with you that a "clone" is not the best solution and the V3 specific instruments could with this solution even imported only over a INS file.

Therefore it is nice to hear that you will display the sound names from the INS file in the tracks. That would be the solution for all of the modules they will ever be on the market. They could be integrated with a INS File.

An other problem will be the global- and song-specific Effects (reverb, chord...). Here I think one should limit to a simple solution and let the user define the device specific sysex commands for reverb, delay and chord and only configurable for global. A solution like for the sd2 would be enough, but with configurable device specific sysex- or CC-commands.
Thank you very much.
Thom

haweneu

Hi,
the V3 Sonority has the Dream Soundchip SAM5716. This Chip has in its firmware (only minimal difference to SD1000 Firmware)  integrated the same effects as the SD1000 (only HQ Distortion is missing). Same NRPN and SYSEX Codes!
So Dan can use most of SD1000 effectsmenue!

Dan you can hear Sonority at Youtube!
Simple search V3 Sonority.

Best regards
Werner

tthoms

Hello Dan

Quote from: Dan on January 07, 2018, 12:21:30 PM
I don't think it's a good idea for the V3 to clone the Ketron SD1000, and better for the V3 to keep its own personality
As there is so many modules out there... I will try to add the possibility to display the sound names from the INS file (I need to be careful as this may slow down vArranger if the INS file is very big)
By the way, I never heard this module...

A good idea would be if they release few specific styles to go with the module and vArranger :)

What is the status of display sound names from the INS file? When we could expect it?
Thank you.
Thom

haweneu

Hi,
my newest information from V3Sound about VA2 and V3 Sonority is, that Dan has no time to full integrate Sonority into VA2. And V3Sound cannot use same samples as SD1000.

So in the moment we can only use INS Files and adapt each song to Sonority.
I use for example the SD1000 and V3Sonority together. Some songs i play only with V3Sonority and other with SD1000 only ore mixed with both.

Best regards
Werner

tthoms

Thank you Werner for this information. In this situation the V3Sonority is obsolete for me. To use two different soundmodules may be a good idea for using in a studio, but for a live gig this setup seems for me to complicated. So I will not buy the V3-Sonority soundmodule and use furtherhin the vASynth with the soundfonts.
Thom

lakere

How do you compare the V3 Sonority with the SD1000 in terms of sound quality?

Thanks,
Chris

Quote from: haweneu on February 07, 2018, 07:48:24 PM
Hi,
my newest information from V3Sound about VA2 and V3 Sonority is, that Dan has no time to full integrate Sonority into VA2. And V3Sound cannot use same samples as SD1000.

So in the moment we can only use INS Files and adapt each song to Sonority.
I use for example the SD1000 and V3Sonority together. Some songs i play only with V3Sonority and other with SD1000 only ore mixed with both.

Best regards
Werner

bluebeat

Before I switched to full software bank for Varranger I was considering some hardware options. After reviewing / listening to many demos and tracks, I was inclined towards Roland Integra-7 SuperNATURAL Sound Module, which is GM2 compatible. To my taste it has far superior sound than any other hardware modules of this class ($600-$1300). You can get a used one for around $850. Should do magic with vArranger and more :)
Thought it might be interesting for somebody.

haweneu

Hi,
for sound quality  compare i use the same song (style) with SD1000 and V3Sonority and then compare it. I made this with approx. 40 of my favorite styles.

Most songs sound for me with both good!

Sonority has much more sounds that SD1000 not has! Classic orchestra! And the additional 100 accordions, 100 organs, celtic sound and new ,,traditional alpine" sounds! So you are more flexible than with SD1000.

But for example SD1000 has much better Sax Sounds!

Best regards
Werner

Woge1000

dann nehme lieber einen Korg PA600 mit Deebach XMS
Wolfgang

lakere

Werner,

Thanks for the helpful info.

Quote from: haweneu on February 08, 2018, 12:56:08 PM
Hi,
for sound quality  compare i use the same song (style) with SD1000 and V3Sonority and then compare it. I made this with approx. 40 of my favorite styles.

Most songs sound for me with both good!

Sonority has much more sounds that SD1000 not has! Classic orchestra! And the additional 100 accordions, 100 organs, celtic sound and new ,,traditional alpine" sounds! So you are more flexible than with SD1000.

But for example SD1000 has much better Sax Sounds!

Best regards
Werner