Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Latest Update Kaspersky forbids

Started by Lionel, August 05, 2017, 04:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionel

Hi Dan,

So much issue with latest update.

Kaspersky will delete no matter what I do.

I have paused protection and downloaded.

Moved to location and run, nope Kaspersky finds and quarantines file.

Restore file and again Kaspersky will block it and quarantine file.

Lionel

harcon01

Lionel

Had the same problem, you have to go into Kaspersky settings (bottom left) > protection> application control> manage applications. Select vArranger2 and change the restriction status

Hope that helps, from memory I had a do a bit fiddling to ensure VA loaded and was not deleted.

Paul

Lionel

Lionel

Something needs to be done here as Kaspersky refuses to allow vArranger to run.

I have attached snippet.

Suggest Dan you need to factor in code because this is not becoming acceptable based on results

Lionel

Dan

Hello,

Can you report your problem to kaspersky ? Here is the link for that.

https://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/general/1870

harcon01

Lionel

Did you play around with "manage application" settings  viz Kaspersky settings (bottom left) > protection> application control> manage applications.

I have attached a screen shot of my settings which initially had the problem you talked about but after the change it didn't delete the vA and runs without problems

Hope it helps

Paul

Lionel

Hi Paul,

I did do as described but as soon as I ran vArranger, Kaspersky popped up with warning message.

Thanks
Lionel

Lionel

southwest

My Kaspersky anti virus keeps deleting Varranger2 any help? :-[

hernandez

harcon01

Hi

Suggest you look at the following thread - "Latest Update Kaspersky forbids"

Dan

Just merged the 2 topics.
I will send you the new update, and if it is still deleting, try to add it in Kaspersky options exclusions...
If you still have problems, please contact Kaspersky

slaveofword

Hello, i have the same problem with Kaspersky. Please send me update.
Thanks!
God bless you!

Dan

I think you already have the version 1.18
Kaspersky has a special website where you can drag your exe on it, and you can disagree with them, and they will check it better at their lab, and update their antivirus database for the next update
https://virusdesk.kaspersky.com

But seems everyone need to do it for himself >:(

claudio

Lionel,

Try to do the following.
You should only add application you trust to the exclusions list.
To bypass scanning of specific files or applications:
1.   Open the Settings window in Kaspersky Internet Security.
2.   In the Settings window, go to the Additional section and select Threats and exclusions in the right frame.
3.   In the Threats and exclusions settings window, click the Configure exclusion rules link.
4.   In the Exclusion rules window, click Add.
5.   In the Add a new exclusion window, in the File or folder section, click Browse. Select the folder with the file or enter the full path to the file from the keyboard.
6.   Click Select.
7.   In the Object field, enter the name or a mask for the type of threats according to the Virus Encyclopedia.
8.   In the Protection components section, select the check boxes for the components to which the rule will be applied.
9.   Select the rule status:
o   Active. The application does not scan selected files or folders.
o   Inactive. The application scans files and folders ignoring the rule.
10.   In the Add new exclusion rule window, click Add.
11.   Close the application windows.

BjayG

Interesting!!

I've just had Windows Defender also remove the last version of vArranger2.exe that Dan sent me as containing a virus....  (3rd Aug)

Barry

Dan

I have signaled the file, and here is Kaspersky answer :

QuoteHello,

Sorry, it was a false detection. It will be fixed.
Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Budkina Anna, Malware Analyst, Kaspersky Lab

39A/3 Leningradskoe Shosse, Moscow, 125212, Russia  Tel./Fax: + 7 (495) 797 8700  http://www.kaspersky.com https://securelist.com

Unfortunately, I think every time I will release a new version, it will need to be done, and for every antivirus companies...

Lionel

Hi Dan,

Unfortunate that this happens for each release but as a consumer we cannot be complacent in this day and age. Not with so many things happening.

Does this mean every software developer has to get antivirus signature for each release?

Lionel

southwest

i managed to solve the problem by adding Varranger 2 to the trusted applications. Go to settings - additional - threats and exclusions - specify trusted applications - add varranger2 - DONE! ;)