News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

(sus4) CHORDS SOUNDS WRONG!

Started by DjTony1981, June 14, 2017, 08:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DjTony1981

Hi Dan, I attach a style to try. You could check how vArranger plays "sus4" and "7th_sus4" for the ACC tracks? Especially try to play Esus4, Fsus4, F#sus4, Gsus4, G#sus4, vArranger sounds really bad. :-\

DjTony1981

Dan

I did not try the style yet, but again, try to convert to yamaha style to test.
Ketron arrangers does not allow any notes to be recorded in the chords parts.
Usually, only C E G are OK for Ketron styles
Yamaha arrangers allows more notes outside the C E G in the recorded source track

DjTony1981

I've listened more than this style (styles included in the zip of vArranger also) and there's the same problem..I think that isn't a style format problem..Can you check the algorithm of chords translator?
Thanks.

Dan

Can you check them on a true Ketron keyboard?

DjTony1981

I've tried original X1 ketron styles also..more than this..

Dan

I have checked your style, and you are right, there is a mistake but only for sus4 chords on ketron styles for root chords between E and G#

However 7sus4 chords seems ok  G B D > D F C

I have just corrected this for the next coming version (very soon)

DjTony1981

..sure if 7sus4 is right? Es. E7sus4 will play E A B D notes..G#7sus4 plays G# D# E# F#

..can you fix this "on the fly" in current version?  :D

Dan

DjTony1981

Perfect..as always..

A little aswer, if it's possible now..

Playing the same "LEI.PAT" styles, try to play INTRO and ENDING patterns..try to play firstly with a "C" tone, than with a "G" tone. the highest notes of ACC tracks are trasposing to a lower octave, probably because there's an "upper limit note range" parameters in the style (as Yamaha style).
Now, probably you will answer me "Why don't you use yamaha style format?" ( ;D)
So, i'll make you a better question : Can you remove this "useless limit note range" (maybe add a check if the user will use this feature) or will the use can edit the style directly (more useful).

Thank you so much..

Dan

I wrote this part of the code almost 10 years ago :) I tried to replicate the same as on Ketron Keyboards
It's true that it is a bit strange
Maybe someone can try this on a true Ketron keyboard, to see if it acts the same

DjTony1981

I haven't Ketron keyboard unfortunately..So you can't verify if there's a code mistake about this?