News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Sample Tank 3 FULL super deal

Started by bluebeat, May 02, 2017, 03:12:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebeat

To whom it may interest.
There is amazing promotion at IK media. You can buy $100 keys or MIDI adapter ($79)
and get FULL Sample tank 3 ($300 value) free.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=10028

I thought someone might be interested.

Jimbeliever

Hi Bluebeard,
How do you use Sample Tank with vArranger?
Thanks

bluebeat

Jimliver,  You select it (Sample tank) as VST instrument in vArranger and than you can choose (or substitute) any instrument of the style track(s) to the instrument(s) of Sample Tank. If I remember correctly, you right click on the track and it will show you output for VST of your choice.

Jimbeliever

Wow, that's a lot of work if I need to do that on every styles. Is there a global way to do that Bluebeat?

bluebeat

Well, not really with Sample Tank 3. It is basically a large non GM sound bank. For example you if have free or outdated bank SF2 format, it will play most of styles correctly, but also having a Sample tank as VST would allow you to have more choices to substitute individual basic sounds on tracks to more realistic sounds or even play them as layered sounds, SF2 sound + Sample tank sounds at the same time. But it has to be done manually.

agaton

SampleTank is not the best choice as Sound Engine for vArranger² cause
it not "know" nothing about Midi Bank and Program Change events. The
second reason is to much time to load instruments, so it isn't possible to
change between Styles "on fly" without breaking of play some sounds from
SampleTank in the next Style. Diametrically opposite is Hypersonic 2 VSTi, also
one multitimbral VSTi (16 Midi channels like a SampleTank) but with possibility
to manipulate with Bank (CC#32, LSB) and Program Change, and it not need
time to load instruments (sounds). As result, it is possible to make one Style with
some sounds from Hypersonic 2 and save it as new Style. Playing and changing
between the Styles will be doing without any breaking or pause.

Jimbeliever

Thanks bluebeat, what i'm expecting is to load it with vArranger, load a Roland style and it'll play correctly as a hardware module without mapping it. Can i load or set it up as GM2 sound banks so it'll be totally compatible with Roland styles. Sorry for my newbie question.

agaton

Jimbeliever

Lylo

Sampletank 2.5 can use one banque of 128 sounds, I use it in my stage laptop and when Sampletank 3 born I was very enthusiastic but very disapointed when I see it's impossible to create some usefull bank for program change, it's a pity.

Only one vsti who can manage a soundbank with bank select as the Ketron SD2, it's Independence from Magix. It's a lot of work for make the soundbank but the sound is great (but some instruments are missing and we must convert some sf2 with a software frome Chicken system). 

Actualy the better way for use easily a soundbank in vArranger is the vAsynth from Dan.

bluebeat

Guys, I started this tread not to promote Sample Tank3 :)  It was free with minimal hardware purchase (midi to PC adapter), which I wanted anyway. Just wanted to share.
Yes, it is absolutely not the best stand alone sound engine for vArranger, BUT for free there are some very usable instruments that could be used as substitute, layered or solo instruments with other sound engines that were tuned for vArranger.

Pekilik

Quote from: Lylo on June 17, 2017, 07:52:51 AM

Only one vsti who can manage a soundbank with bank select as the Ketron SD2, it's Independence from Magix. It's a lot of work for make the soundbank but the sound is great (but some instruments are missing and we must convert some sf2 with a software frome Chicken system). 

Hello

Lylo

How did you fix problem with bad noises when you change instruments sometimes, I suppose that you use Indepadance for
your style tracks and when you change from first to second style with different instruments in the both styles sometimes it happens
bad noise...

agaton

This noice come from change of multisamples (on fly), by Program Change events. It can
be minimized with very, very fast storrage (RAID M.2 with 4.000MB/sec), also very  fast
memory (PC 3.000) and the best CPU. It is very expensive game. Indepedence is inovative
and exclent platform but not without mistakes. Realy good software sampler Sound Engine
for vA² is Emulator X3. It has no breaks, pauses or noises by "on Fly" Style Change, cause
it has perfect Sample Streaming (DFD) and do it realy as one hardware sound midi module.

Lylo

Pekilik, agaton writed a good answer. Independence was created with lotg of options for futur fast computers, so Independence work fine with more and more power. But you can also use the option "read from ram" on each instrument. I think it's not necessary to put all instruments in ram but for the instruments you use always it's a good way. In the "preferences" you can adjust the parameters for the good balance between ram and hdd, as all samples player. Perhaps the result it's not perfect but you can attenuate the problem.

Pekilik

My PC is i7 2600k on 3,8 ghz, 16gb ram on 2133mhz and two ssd in raid 0 with 1000mb/s read speed and I put all instruments which I use mostly to read from ram,
but bad noises when change style happens sometimes not always but happens,
because I not use indepadance for live,
I stay on Kontakt 5...

Lylo

For me some bad noises aren't important (also in live). Independence is fine, sound is very good and you can use it with Kontakt (it's my use). :)

Pekilik

Yes sound is good, if you make pause between songs, this problem not exist, but if you play songs without stopping(and changing styles) problem is bigger,
bad is too that you must have installed all library(70gb) although I use only a few instruments, and sound is not much better than in Kontakt instruments,
I like Turkish ovation piezo guitar, for me is more realistic than (acoustic guitar for solo playing) in other VST instruments, but all other instruments are good in vst which have't this problem like indepadance,
indepadance is well designed vst with great opportunities, but is too bad that Magix will not develop this product anymore and fix that problem...

Lylo

agaton

This what Lylo wrote is the only alternative for middle power systems.
With "Read from RAM" in Indepedence you have no problems with
noices and cracles by "on flay" Style change, but for big instruments
from Indepedence Content, you must have much RAM (32GB and
more) when you will to load the best Indepedance sounds in a same
time. Intel i7-2600k with 16GB RAM and 2 SSD in RAID 0 protokol
is one good middle power system, but not enough good for playing
and changing Styles in vA² without play stop with Indepedence as
only one Sound Engine for vArranger². I wrote about high power
systems from newest generation, f.e. i7-6800K it has PassMark over
13.600 points and i7-2600K has only 8.480 PassMark points. It is
very, very big differnce. It is so that i7-6800K is like two i7-2600K in
one CPU. It is not only PassMark points difference, it is also 15MB
cache vs 8MB cache, than DDR4 vs DDR3, also 28 vs 16 PCIe-Lines,
6-Cores vs 4-Cores and very important Memory Band 76,8GB/sec vs
only 21GB/sec. Than it is big difference between 1.000MB/sec and
about 4.000MB/sec storrage speed. I wrote that all can minimized noices,
but not eliminate it at all when your Style need very big indepedance
Instruments. Also in high power systems must be played in "hybrid" modus
like Lylo wrote, but you have more headroom, cause you can play DFD
more big instruments, not all !!! The best compromisse is to load Drum
Kits and maybe Bass sounds in memory and other acc. sounds DFD.
Kontakt with its Instruments Banks is better choice, but also for that
you must have big RAM for many high quality sounds.

v.muller

Lylo

I think it's better to buy the Tyros bank from Arranger (Dan), if you want some improvements for the sound you can will ask here your ideas.

olivier71500

After listening the demo I think it could be better with additionnal banks as well (it seems to sound like entry-level keyboards)

olivier

agaton

It sound (demo from the link) like a Tyros very, very "HiFi"
and it is bad. No one Drum Kit sound so on the stage !!!