News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

vA control parameters from different devices

Started by slaveofword, October 12, 2016, 01:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slaveofword

Hello, Dan!
interesting - is it possible to program the controllers and store them in VA from different devices? and then control the controllers.
I mean- program the same parameters vA, but from different devices.
For example: start - I want to manage, and with my MIDI keyboard Edirol and TouchOSC.
Can it be done?

thanks for you reply!!!

slaveofword

Hello.
Dan, please, answer my question as you can.
Thanks.

lakere

I'd be interested in listening to Dan's reply, too.

haweneu

Hi,
this should be possible, if both Touchosc (On 2nd MIDI input for example) and Edirol (on 1st MIDI input) send the same MIDI command.

But i havent test it!

baze

Hi,
It is not possible the way you describe it. Va2 remembers the port you use and the controller assigned to th function. Once th controller is assigned to say port one it can not be assigned to port 2 or 3.
But there is a way that it can be achieved if you use a software midi merger . If in software you assign several ports to th midi merger and then in port 1 you assign the midi merger as midi in, everything that come from that port will be recognized . So you can use say Korg Nanocontrol and Guitar wings and TouchOsc to control the same function from three or more midi devices.

Cheers

BLAGOJ

baze

In order to be more precise I will explain my setup.

I use Boss Gp 10, Korg Nanocontrol 2, liquid instruments Guitar Wing and MorninstarFx MC 6 midi controller into a software merger called Midi patchbay by Soundigy which goes into Loop midi software which goes into port One of VA2.
Then at the same time I can play arrangements and controll VA2 from all the devices. So when I assign say controller 40 to control main volume  I can use that controller from any of the devices to control main volume.
I can also controll the chords from the Boss GP 10 and also play chords from the MC6 midi controller.

I hope this explains it

Cheers

slaveofword

baze, thanks for your reply!

I'll try it.

but one question: which version "Midi patchbay" you are using? i mean: Midi Processor VST/Standalone (PC) or Midi Patchbay Standalone (PC) or Midi Patchbay Extended Standalone (PC).

Thanks!
Regards

baze

Hi,
I use Midi Patchbay Standalone (PC).
It is free and has 8X8 midi interface. You can connect up to 8 midi inputs to 8 midi  outs in any combination. More then enough for a normal setup.
You can save presets and load them as needed.

It works fine.

Loop Midi by Tobias Erichsen is also free and is fine piece  of virtual midi port software. You can name your ports for convenience.

Cheers