News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

MIDI Feedback works for Nanokontrol Studio

Started by lakere, August 30, 2016, 04:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lakere

I am trying to go wireless as much as possible with my vA2 setup.  I just don't care for cables and cords around me.   Today I tested the Korg Nanokontrol Studio which is a Bluethtooth midi control surface.    Midi feedback from vA2 works well.   The unit is overpriced, but wireless is an important feature for me.   Besides, it stores 5 scenes and more buttons than the Nanocontrol 2.   The buttons should have been at the bottom, though.   The knobs get in the way when you try press the buttons.   

Dan

Nice. On the same subject, I have just bought a Microkey Air 61

Unfortunately, the Bluetooth works very bad when you move a bit the kB from the computer.

I am using the internal Bluetooth of my 2 laptops. Maybe I need to buy another adapter ?

lakere

I had been beta-testing for the WIDI Bud by CME-Pro a Bluetooth midi receiver.   At first, it had issues with terrible latency and hanging notes.  In a matter of a few days, they came out with a newer firmware.   It works great now.   It handles  a lot of cc#11 messages on multiple channels from my midi accordion very well.    However, if I walk away more than 6 feet, the connection gets weak and problems start.   I tested it on MS Surface Pro and Lenovo Yoga.  The WIDI Bud worked fine 10 - 20 feet away from the iPad Air.    Today I am getting a new Dell notebook and I will see how it makes any difference.    By the way, my Bletooth midi trasmitter is the mi.1 by Quicco Sound.   

I don't know how far your Microkey Air is from your laptop but when I tested the Nanokontrol Studio, it was fine to move around as long as I was in a close range with my laptop.    I have been looking into getting a Korg Microkey Air myself.   I have Microkey 37 and 61.   They are pretty neat and I find them very playable.  If the BT midi connection of the Korg Microkey Air 61 is that bad , you might want to try out the WIDI Bud with it. It works with other Bluetooth midi devices such as the Korg Microkey Air series, Yamaha Bluetooth midi, and mi.1 by Quicco Sound.     

I found out that an entry level 88 keyboard FP30 by Roland has Bluetooth midi,   but then again the mi.1 will work on any keyboard as long as it has a 5 pin midi out.