News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Hi Dan , how do I get version 1.17

Started by rikkisbears, August 19, 2016, 01:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikkisbears

Hi Dan,
Just realised I haven't updated for nearly a couple of years, forgot what I'm supposed to  do.( Just started getting back into my keyboards again.)
Also, is it at all possible to transfer varranger to a different USB stick.
I have a couple of 128 gig sandisk ultra fit USB sticks that I use to run my biab software and  the other I use for my sample tank sounds. My SSD ultra book doesn't have enough storage , so i use these USB sticks for storage, and keep them permantly plugged in. Which only leaves me with one free port for my keyboard.

Next question, I still have my old sd2 which I initially bought for varranger about 5 years ago, not sure if it still works.

So,What actually is the best option for playing the sounds for the styles themselves. Not the melody, I'll probably use my pa4x for melody.

I beleive you now have a gm2 software synth?  and the ability to load sound fonts .

I was using a soft synth arrangers 12 years ago, the problem back then was the quality of the sounds and all the tweaking required to get a style sounding reasonable. It used XG , and there wasn't much around.

Still trying to get my head around the fact, that you have these various styles from different manufacturers, they probably all use different drum mapping, yet, you can get away with using an sd2 to play a Yamaha style which has XG drum mapping?
So varranger converts the XG drums to suit the sd2 drum mapping? Or vice versa if you have an XG sound source and you want to play a Ketron style.

Sorry for the long list of questions.

Dan

Lylo

You can read the forum,  all answers are here. :)