News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Loading And Saving

Started by Bernie9, April 15, 2010, 09:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie9

I guess I am newer at this than most and have to ask some basic questions.

I have my controls in hand, can load styles and make folders in the Data Folder.  I can manually choose what sounds I want in the left and right hand tracks.

What I can't do is save all of my sounds together with the Song name.  In other words, I might want piano on left and piano, sax, and trumpet on the right.  I change my right hand sounds my manipulating the volume controls so I can layer or change sounds completely.  I may be doing something wrong, but only one left and one right is saved.

If the program cannot do this, fine, but I don't know how to change sounds any other way without a delay.

The other thing is "dragging sounds to the bar".  Please explain this.

Thanks for any help you can give to an old software impaired musician.

Bernie

Dan

Hi Bernie,

I will try to explain to you how to get a nice using of the sounds changing in a live using configuration.

Now that your styles folders are ready, we can go to the next step.

Imagine for example, you want to use very often the GRAND PIANO , the BLOWSAX, and the FAST STRINGS sounds with the style called ROCK

1) So first of all, load the ROCK style

I will now explain to you the drag and drop :

2) Click on the first sound you want to use : GRANDPIANO.

3) Don't release the left button of the mouse

4) With the mouse button pressed, move the mouse, until you reach the MY SOUNDS bar

You will see the GrandPiano sound added to the bar !

Redo the same process, and add until 10 sounds into the bar.

You can use the same "drag and drop" process, to change the order into the MY SOUNDS bar

5) Now that your prefered sounds for that song are set, select any sound for the Left hand and for the Right Hand (from the My sound bar, or not) Thoses sounds will be your 'startup' sounds, when you will load again the style. Ready to play the intro.

5) Now click on SAVE SONG, and dont forget to check the checkboxes  :

-My sound bar and
-R/L hand sounds
evetually
-R-L hand volumes

NOW !!

The next time you open vArranger, you load the ROCK style, you will be ready to play with your favorite sounds on L/R hand , and you will get your 10 prefered sounds for that song just in front of you

NOW !!

Go to the controller menu
And assign your MIDI pads to the new functions MY SOUNDS

So u will allways get your prefered sounds for every song close to your fingers...

Thank you for asking the question, now every vArranger user is getting a nice tutorial.

Regards,

Dan

Bernie9

Thank you Dan.  Your explanation helps a lot.

Bernie

hayseed

Dan 
previously there are configurations that I made with certain drum rhythm patterns and my sound bar configurations that I would like to change to a current sound bar configuration. Is there a way of getting my current sound bar configuration and dropping it onto the older  complete setup or do I have to go into each  (saved song configuration)  and redrop all the my soundbar sounds into it?

Hope I made myself clear in my request

Thanks
Hayseed

Dan

If you only use one soundbar for all songs, then you don't need to check the MY SOUNDS box when you SAVE SONG. Then it will not change every time you load a style and stay on the actual one

hayseed

Thanks Dan
I have that part working OK.

My next  question is when I have all sounds working on my soundbar and everything is doing OK by pressing 1 through 8 on the my soundbar, if I have a second sound that is playing on either the 2nd voice  or  RH 2 they revert back to some other voice , where am I saving it wrong.
My goal is to have nano control message my soundbar 1 through 8 ( works perfectly now ) but would like to have 2nd voice set to  (what ever) and that 2nd voice to stay static )    as of right now 2nd voice changes to a strings every time I press mysoundbar 1 through 8      Also it is the same voice on 2nd voice for all 8 of mysoundbar presets.

Thanks
Hayseed

Dan

The 2nd voice instrument is saved with SAVE RIGHT SOUND
Then you drag & drop your saved sound to the MY sound bar