News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Link Function

Started by Lionel, February 22, 2011, 07:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionel

Hi Dan,

Could you be able to set the Link button to be able to work on Right or Left instruments.

That would allow either Left or right to have My sounds follow Variations
That we be great

Thanks
Lionel

Dan

Nice idea. To be able to create sets of Left + Right sounds in the MY SOUNDS bar. I will think about it.

Lionel

Hi Dan,
Not sure if you understand what I meant
At the moment you have a Link button that allows the Right instrument set to change when Style Variations change.

Could you allow Instrument No 2 input to have simular feature for Left Instrument that change on Style variation A-B-C-D

In other words to set the Link button to follow Variations for Input 1 or Input 2 or even both.

As I alway use Input 2 for melody playing on midi Guitar and Input 1 is for Chords, etc. on keyboard.

That would be a great function for me.

Thanks
Lionel

Dan

What we can do is,  If the right track is selected, the LINK will change the right sound,  if the Left track is selected, it will change the LEFT sound.

Is it good for you?

Dan

Lionel

Yes Dan that is fine.

Thanks
Lionel

Lionel

Hi Dan,

Have been meaning to get you to check this but keep letting it slip my mind.

That is when style change activates the instrument change the change takes nearly a bar to complete.
Meaning when the style changes on 1st beat 1st bar the instrument doesn't change until nearly next bar.

Can this be changed to happen same time as style change.

Regards
Lionel

Lionel

Hi dan,

can you read previous post and let me know?

Lionel

Dan

I don't really understand your problem

I am sorry ..

Lionel

Ok put it this way,

We have Link function  turned on so instruments change according to variation a - b- c - d

vArranger is playing along and is on A variation and instrument is on Tenor sax
now we are changing to B variation and instrument is still playing Tenor Sax then after a few beats the instrument changes to
Trumpet.

The instrument does not change as soon as variation changes, it goes for a bar then changes - no good
We need instrument to change as soon as variation changes - not a bar later

Thanks
Lionel

Admin

In my vArranger, the sounds are changing direct when I change from variation A to B to C to D... with LINK feature ON.
No delays.
It's with SD2 or SD4?
it is on the same style, or when changing from one song to another one?

Lionel

Same song and using SD4.

I probably missed an important point. It is when using the Chord feature that I have an issue.

Lionel

Dan

Maybe it's a SD4 bug who sometimes doesn't change sounds immediately when it is stressed
If it's something that you can reproduce, just send me the pat and the pat2, so I will try your song

Dan