News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Theatre Organ Presets

Started by sweetbb, January 15, 2016, 05:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetbb

Does anybody have some nice .sf2 files, with Theatre Organ registration presets in, not just single 'ranks'?  It would not really be practical to insert only single ranks as additional sounds in vArranger 2, but complete registrations will work nicely.

sweetbb

Looks like I'm the only person that would like proper Cinema organ / Theatre Organ registrations in my vArranger2.  Well, if anybody is interested, I actually already had a soundfont with single ranks as well as pre-setup registrations in the soundfont file, for example, it has a presets of Tibia 8' + Tibia 4' + String 8' + String 4';  Tibia 8' + Tibia 4' + Orchestral Bells Re-It; Diapason 8' + Trumpet 8' + Trumpet 4', and many many more.  I have just selected a few, and deleted the ones that I do not want in my vArranger2 setup.  The soundfont file size is under 2 mb. If anybody is interested, I can share the file. It really sounds beautiful, and I have always wanted a range of Cinema / Theatre Organ sounds, in my arranger keyboard, but have only had 1!  I have seen that Lowrey organs as well as Wersi organs have Theatre organ registration stops, ready to go.............

Lylo

I think you must find a vsti it's better than sf2 for sound variation.

sweetbb

Thank you Lylo, could you please expand your coment above, I don't really understand what you mean, and is the a free theatre organ / cinema organ vsti available somewhere?

Lylo

In reality I don't know. I don't know what is theatre organ/cinema organ, for me it's just a organ.
Try to find the organ you search in this site : http://www.vst4free.com/index.php?plug-ins=Organs   :)

semimi

Merci pour le lien Lylo , il y a de superbes pépites !!!  :)

sweetbb

Thank you Lylo, for the links.  I theater organ is a pipe organ, like a church organ, only it does sound different, It is more modern sounding version of traditional pipe church organ.  They are generally not used in churches (although there are some that do, but it is quite rare.) What makes a theater organ stand out, are the Tibias, Diaphonic diapason, and the sharp reeds, that are not found in traditional church organs.  The tremulant is also very important in a theater organ, it makes it sound different from a church organ.  In fact, a theater can be extremely good with a good tremulant, or extremely bad with a bad tremulant.  I will look at the link, as I want to try to also incorporate 'drawbar' organ in my setup, as I love the Hammond drawbar sound.

Lylo

Quote from: semimi on January 15, 2016, 10:38:02 AM
Merci pour le lien Lylo , il y a de superbes pépites !!!  :)
Je l'aime bien ce site, quand j'ai besoin d'un vst free pour une raison ou une autre je vais d'abords là dessus.

sweetbb, I think you can find your organ in the list.  :)

sweetbb

sweetbb

It has taken me the whole afternoon, but I have added 47 complete Cinema Organ registration.  It sounds beautifull with vArranger.  I am doing the happy dance!  I put all the registrations under the 'Flute' button, as it was the easiest, I know, I should have put it under the "Organ" button, but it would have been much more work.

Dan

Lylo, the theater organ is very different from the Hammond B3 :)

Brian, did you use the SF2 included with the miditzer software?

When you will be ready with your SF2, you will share them with me :)

You can also record some mp3 music with the AUDIO REC feature of vArranger

BjayG

Dan is correct about Miditzers theatre organ soundfonts - they were very well thought of - although possibly they might be showing signs of age now (I haven't used Miditzer for about 10 years - so they may have been updated).  The guy who created the sound fonts was called Bruce Miles and he has some other theater organ soundfonts here:-

http://www.milestones.me.uk/soundfonts.html

These ran originally in a program called JOrgan and the latter has become a really good pipe organ emulation (both classical and theatre) - see here:-

http://jorgan-home.de/mediawiki_en/index.php?title=Home and http://www.familjenpalo.se/vpo/sf2    [or just Google JORGAN]

Best of all is its free...

I hope it helps.

Barry

sweetbb

Hi Dan,

I have used Bruce Miles's cinema organ soundont, an not the miditzer soundfont.  I don't know if Miditzer foundfont has 'pre-built registration' presets inside it.  What I mean, is this:  With Miditzer and most other classical organ or theater organ soundfonts, the presets are usually of single ranks of pipes.  This would be possible to use in vArranger2, but would not be vary practical, because with an organ, your 'build' the sound you want by combining different 'ranks' to form a complete registration.  For example, your organ might have the following ranks: Tibia 16', Tibia 8', Tibia 4', Tibia 2 2/3', Tibia 2', Tibia 1 1/3', Tibia 1', Diaphonic Diapason 16', .... Strings 8', Strings 4', Orchestral Oboe 8', Vox 4', and so on.

If you want to combine more than 4 of these ranks with vArranger 2, you will have a problem.  To get this registration: Tibia 16' + Tibia 8' + Tibia 4' + Tibia 2', you would need to use RIGHT 1, RIGHT 2, RIGHT 3, and RIGHT 4, to set up this registration. If you want to add a 5'th rank, to get this example registration: Tibia 16' + Tibia 8' + Tibia 4' + Tibia 2' + Vox4', you will not be able to set it up in vArranger 2. vArranger2 is not an organ simpulator, or a virtual pipe organ software, so it is not geared towards that functionality.  So this is where pre-built registration presets are important in vArranger2. Bruce has already built single presets, that have multible ranks inside them, so you would only need to use 'RIGHT 1' in order to get this registration: Tibia 16' + Tibia 8' + Tibia 4' + Tibia 2' + Vox4'. You can see it has 5 distinct 'voices' inside the preset.  You could even have single presets like this: Tibia 16' + Tibia 8' + Tibia 4' + Tibia 2' + Tibia 1' + Vox4' + Strings 8'.  This registration has 7 'voices' inside.

I will sent you the link to Bruce Miles's Cinema Organ soundfont, I'm not sure if it can be used commercially without his permission.  But for personal use, it is possible to use.  I have already incorporated it into my setup. I will attach the soundfont here, but please contact Bruce if you considder it worthwhile to include some of it in the standard vArranger2 software synthesizer.  Take a look at the bottom presets in the soundfont file, you will clearly see, where the 'multitimbral' registrations are, if you look at the preset names.

It sounds wonderful in my setup. Because placing these presets in the 'ORGAN' part makes the most sense, it was too much work, and I wanted quick results. I placed the presets under the "FLUTE" button.  So I can now just click one button, and I have a full theatre organ registration already setup for me, ready to play in an instant.  I obviously LOVE theatre organs, and even classical (church) pipe organs as well.  There is also a 'classical' organ soundfont, that I have found, also with pre-made, complete registration presets. I will study it, and incorporate it into my vArranger setup as well next week. Then, I will have a dream vArranger setup, ready to play anything I like.

Lylo

You have five presets in right 1 if you activate "2nd voice" ;)

sweetbb

I have click the 2'nd voice, but I do not see where the 5 presets are that you mention, Lylo.

Lylo

I said, 4 registrations in right hand and 5 with the 2nd voice.  :)

sweetbb

Ok, I think I undertand now. Sorry.  So RIGHT 1 TO RIGHT 4 gives you 4, plus 2'nd voice gives another one, giving you 5 in total if 2'nd voice is activated.

Lylo

Phil

The program Hauptwerk has a free Paramount 3 manual Theatre organ (https://www.hauptwerk.com/news/news/2010/04/27/paramount-310-free-theatre-organ-available/). I like the sound of it a lot  :P  . Hauptwerk itself has a free version to that will load this theatre organ in stand-alone, but I do not know if the free version works as a vst (I have not been able to get the Hauptwerk-vst to work in other hosts and I do not own vArranger yet  :'( to test it)

sweetbb

Hi Phil,

I have the advanced edition of Hauptwerk, and also the Parramount 320, which you have to pay for.  The Parramount 310 which is free, does work in the free edition of Hauptwerk.

And there is a vst link that can connect varranger to Hauptwerk, I have not tried it either.  The thing is, with vArranger2, I do not care about the absolute perfect rendition of the organ sounds, because there is no multi channel audio anyway.  As long as the theatre organ presets that I want to use in vArranger2 sound reasonably authentic (which they do) I am happy to use the soundfont.  It is not practical to have to set up theatre organ registrations with vArranger2.  So the soundfont I use, has pre-built registration presets. So a single preset might activate a registration of for example: tibia 8' + tibia 4' + tibia 2' + tibia 1' + Strings 4' + Vox 4'.  This is 6 voices, and this will not be possible to do in vArranger2, because you can only have a maximum of 5 voices for the right hand.  Hauptwerk is for purists, that want an authentic theatre and classical church organ  or french organ, etc setup with as many audio channels as possible, in order to reduce intermodulation distortion.