News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Midi out to Yamaha PSR 295 keyboards

Started by sweetbb, January 08, 2016, 06:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetbb

I have 2 Yamaha 295 arranger keyboards. I know the are 'baby keyboards' compared to what you guys have, but this was all I could afford at the time.  And now, VArranger! I want multi-channel audio, so I thought that if I connect these 2 keyboards as well on midi out, I might have 3 channel audio.  I have downloaded the .ins file, but I don't see anything happening when I load it. 

1. Will it work, will I have 6 channel audio, if I connect these 2 keyboards?
1. Will it only work once I have connected the keyboard, or might the file be corrupt?
2. Is there a way to fix the file if it it corrupt?
3. Could any of you try to test the file, to tell me if it is working or not please?
4. Will I be able to play the Varranger styles through to the sound module built into the Yamaha PSR 295?
5. Will I see the available sounds of the Yamaha PSR 295, if I select a track at the bottom that I have routed out to the Yamaha PSR 295?
6. After I have made the selections to send certain channels out to certain midi outputs, will it remember that in vArranger between sessions?

Thank you.

Dan

Why do you want multi channel audio?

With 2 keyboards, you will have max 2 stereo outs = 4 audio outputs

sweetbb

I love multi channel audio.

I have 10 channels on my system, it spreads the sound better.  Will I be able to use both my keyboards, as well as the internal sounds of vArranger at the same time, then having 6 channels?

charlys44

Does this mean that you have connected one separate loudspeaker to each channel?

sweetbb

Yes. My setup has 10 channels, or put in another way, I have5 stereo channels.  So I would want to use the internal sounds of vArranger, and then my 2 yamaha PSR 295 keyboards connected to their own amplifiers as well, giving me 3 stereo pairs.  I would then want to send selected 'tracks' to differend sound generators.  For example, I think I could then send all the 'RIGHT' to one PSR 295, and all the 2'nd midi input to another PSR 295. The rest I could leave on the internal sound of vArranger.  I hope this makes sense.  I have 10 channels, because my VPO (virtual pipe organ) called Hauptwerk I have setup 10 audio channels, and send different ranks on the organ to different channels.  This reduces intermodulation distortion, the sounds mix 'in the air' instead of in the soundcard, and it sounds more natural and more beautiful in the end.

charlys44

Impressive setup.  I can imagine that it makes a difference to route groups of instruments to different speakers. But I suspect that vArranger only supports one (stereo) channel, as you cannot select different audio channels on the tracks.

sweetbb

Quote from: charlys44 on January 08, 2016, 02:30:35 PM
Impressive setup.  I can imagine that it makes a difference to route groups of instruments to different speakers. But I suspect that vArranger only supports one (stereo) channel, as you cannot select different audio channels on the tracks.

Yes, vArranger only supports 2 audio channels on it's own internal sound engine,  but because this midi out goes to different hardware 'sound modules' there are more than 2 channels, because each hardware module has a stereo pair of it's own, which I route through audio channels in my setup, hopefully giving me 6 distinct channels, or in other words, 3 stereo pairs.

Dan

Yes, you can right click on any track and send it to one of the 3 MIDI OUTS ports, then with the PAN, you can send one sound more to the Left or Right speaker.

If you always want the same midi routing, you can SAVE STARTUP CONFIG, and check the box to save the midi routing as your default midi routing.