News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

No Sound From SD@ or SD4

Started by Bernie9, November 18, 2015, 10:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie9

I have tried everything I know to get a sound.  I have reduced everything to it's simplest configuration, namely:
Interface midi in to module;  Midi out to controller keyboard(ch1); USB to PC.

The midi traffic lights are both lighting(in and out) when I press the keys, and the vArranger program is working.  However, even though midi data seems to be going to the either module, the midi activity lights on the modules are dark.

My configuration is:  MIDI out-INTERFACE
                                 MIDI IN  -same
SD2 or SD4 shows in the box.

I have tried two working interfaces.
The vArranger Synth works for instruments, but sounds like a broken calliope when I try to use a style.

Dan

It should be
- Interface midi out -> SD4 midi in
- Midi keyboard midi out -> Interface midi in

Tidom

Hi Bernie !
I had the same problem. No sound.
When I've moved the interface I've touched one of the little buttons on the side of the interface UMG2  Roland.
Il if you have the same one you have to check these little buttons.
- One is for the driver.   Must be ON
- The second controls Mid Out or Midi through must be on Midi OUT

Bernie9

Quote from: Dan on November 18, 2015, 10:42:58 PM
It should be
- Interface midi out -> SD4 midi in
- Midi keyboard midi out -> Interface midi in
I meant to say that if I didn't.  The config is automatically naming interface out and in with SD4 in the Midi in box.

Dan

Can you show us your midports screen?

Bernie9

Thank you both.  It turned out to be an interface connection problem, not a config problem.  All is well as long as I use the SD2.  It sounds fine, but I don't trust the connections are going to work on a gig. I know most everyone have no problems, and I usually haven't either.  The trouble is it only takes one time for a show to go down the toilet, and it is no reflection on the rock solid program.

I will just bide my time until a suitable internal engine is ready.