News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

effects on right and left hand voices

Started by hayseed, April 15, 2015, 05:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hayseed

Hello

I've been away from my system for awhile  ( 6 months ) and after running it today everything works fine except it sound muddled and the right and left hand voices seem to  run together, after looking through the settings I notice that every time I change a voice on the right or left hand it sends the effects setting to 127 for the right hand  and about 65 for the left ( there are two little ones at the top of the channel strips   the left   one is the one in question and it says chorus )   if I move the effect down to zero it will stay  there untill I pick another sound voice, then it's back to 127. 

I don't remeber that being all the way  to 127 before .  Is there a way to have it at 20 or 30 for every  sound , I don't want it dry but as I said before everything is sounding muddled , no definition.    I'm pretty sure that it did not do this before as I would not have liked the way it sounded.

I am using a laptop computer with win8 and an sd1000

All help greatly appreciated
Hayseed   

Dan

Hello,

I have just sent you the latest version of vArranger.
The new version retains the reverb amount you have set for your whole session.

By default it is now set at 64 no more 127.
If you want to another value by default, you can add

[Startup]
RightDefaultReverb=30

in the ini file

hayseed

Hello Dan

I downloaded the new varranger2.exe   tried to open from download location ( my old version I use  is on hard drive of computer )
The new file just hung on startup , tried several times , always the same result , have to use control alt delete and sign out to get computer to unhang.

Replaced the old varranger.exe on my usb stick which must be inserted  to run program.
This also hung the same way.

Tried opening the old version program, it opens fine.

awaiting your suggestions
I did not want to delete the old program from internal hard drive for fear the new version will keep hanging.

Thanks
Hayseed

agaton

Do you instaled newest vArranger2 Synthesizer before
replaceing of .exe file ?

hayseed

No I did not as there were no instructions  regarding what to install first  or replace. It just had links to the exe file and the arranger synth.   
Is there a certain process to replace.
If so could someone outline the steps needed to make the upgrade work.

Thanks
Hayseed

hayseed

Success,
I installed the syth update and now the new version varranger loads as it should.

Thanks
Hayseed

Dan

lakere

Quote from: Dan on April 15, 2015, 07:58:59 AM
Hello,

I have just sent you the latest version of vArranger.
The new version retains the reverb amount you have set for your whole session.

By default it is now set at 64 no more 127.
If you want to another value by default, you can add

[Startup]
RightDefaultReverb=30

in the ini file
Dan, inserting [Startup] RightDefaultReverb=XX in the ini file works for the built-in synth and my own sf2s but not on the Ketron SD4.   When I change sounds, the reverb setting for most of the sounds is over 110.    I reinstalled the synth and started with a fresh exe. file  and ins file.     

Dan

The SD4 red multi sounds will not depend on this
The reverb setting is included in the preset. You need to save to another sound in order to save the reverb value

lakere