News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

ketron midjpro

Started by angel1000, October 22, 2014, 02:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angel1000

Hi Dan.  I am looking to purchase the midjpro. Would it be a simple process to support Midjpro in Varranger, or is it very complicated. I want to be able to play a style from the midjpro and turn it into a midifile from your program. I don;t think anything is stricly audio, I believe it is all slices.

Dan

vArranger does not play midjpro styles. It will not be working easily like you want...

angel1000

so Dan I guess you don't see yourself supporting the midjpro like you supported the sd2 or sd1000, or is it that it is too complicated to implement. For instance I want to control the midjay with your song chord template.

Dan

You can maybe use the sync in of the midjpro, if it is working... But I don't think you can change variations automatically. You then record your midifile on the midjpro itself

angel1000

so Dan, me pressing a c chord on a keyboard to trigger a chord change in a style, and varranger sending a c chord through the template, is it the same message to the sound module.

Dan

First ask if it is possible to do a midi record of what you play on the midjpro
then ask if the SYNC IN of the midjpro works better than on the audya with audio styles

angel1000

Hi Dan this is the response I got from AJ. Yes it is possible to sync with an external midi program. Make sure the channels match (LEFT channel of Midjay pro to software you are using)
  Midi record will be made available in a new OS release. For now only Audio recording

I answered why is the left channel important, is it not midi sync.

He answered Yes it is midi sync. You can set the channels as you wish (between 1-16). The left channel is what controls the program changes for the styles ( what chords to play like you would do with a controller and your left hand)  There are ten elements to each style- 2 drum tracks/channels, 1 bass, 5 chords, and 2 lower manual parts. You can either have the arranger trigger these automatically( as within the style) or you can control these via external sequencer/ manually.

So Dan does it make sense. I am lost, that is why I am asking you.

angel1000

He asked me what I am currently using,and I said how i use varranger with the chord template. He answered just as it is working on the sd2 or sd1000, it will work on the Midjpro (similiar midi configuration)
  So on stage you are actually playing back midifiles of style parts.

Dan

If you want to play SD5 styles and yamaha styles, etc... ok you can use the midjpro like a SD1000, and you don't need any sync. vArranger will generate for you a midifile.

But if you want to play the midjpro internal styles, you have to do the sync in like AJ told you.

SO he saied, sync wil work ok.

But for now, the midjpro, will only give you an audio record, not a midifile record.

If you need a mdiifile, you need to wait for the next version of midjpro (next OS release as AJ said)

angel1000

Dan so the way varranger is setup for styles is it compatible with the midjpro. will the variations, fills, send the right message all i have to do is find the right midi notes.

Dan

If you use vArranger styles, you will have no problem.

If you use the midjpro styles, only chords will be sent at the right time.

variations,fils... need to be played on the midjpro

angel1000