News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

vArranger set-up issue

Started by lazman, October 16, 2014, 11:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lazman

Hello everyone,

I am new to the vArranger family and I have been loving it so far! I however have one concern for which I would be grateful for a solution.

I run vArranger using the ketron sd4 as sound module and a nektar panorama p6 as controller. The software itself is run on my surface Pro tablet.

When I select voices, I keep hearing a piano sound in the background, that ranges over the full keyboard. I turned all right hand volumes to zero, but I keep hearing this piano sound. I'm wondering what to do next, to get this sound off.

Thanks again for your help.

ovation99

Have you set up a split point?
Just a thought ???

lazman

Yes I have a split point on C3. When I trigger chords with  the left hand,  I keep hearing the piano sound in the background even though I have synthetic strings as my left sound.  Likewise with the right hand sound,  I may have trumpets and strings but I still get a piano sound in the background.

ovation99

On the far right of the display, what instruments are showing in the "Right" and "Left" sliders showing?

Lylo

Your keyboard is a piano ?
If yes, it is plug on the sono and you hear the sound of this instrument, turn off the volume or turn the local control off.

lazman

Thanks, Ovation99 and Lylo for the helpful tips.

I am actually using the Nectar Panorama P6, which is a midi controller. I have managed to take off the piano sound, but then, I now hear the right hand voice, spanning over the entire keyboard, even when I have a split point set at C3 as well as the Full Keyboard Option disabled. I am wondering whether the problem is from my midi controller, varranger program or the ketron sd4. I'm confused.

lazman

Problem solved! It was all based on my connections. Initially, I had a midi cable running from the Nectar Panorama midi controller into the MIDI in 1 of the Ketron sd4 and a USB connection from the Ketron sd4 into the computer.

I then decided eliminate the midi from nectar panorama to the ketron sd4 and use a usb cable from the nectar panorama straight to the computer. It worked like a charm!

No more issues at all!

Dan

Yes..      KEYBOARD===>COMPUTER=====>SOUND MODULE