News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Ketron SD2 vs Ketron SD1000:what are the differences?

Started by Denv12, January 31, 2014, 02:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denv12

I see there's a lot of posts on the SD1000.I've seen the youtube videos of the SD1000 and they are just impressive to say the least.

What I'm trying to find out is what are the differences between the 2 of them? Are there sounds that are on both of them and other sounds that arent? Which one has more pianos and electric pianos?

Has anyone bought an SD2 but ended up buying the SD1000? What made you change over?

Thanks.

Dan

Ketron used a new chip for the SD1000.
It is more powerful, more fast, more polyphony, usb powered, usb/midi incuded, more memory for sounds, more FX possibilities...
Then they have added some sounds, but also removed some...
So finally, it's just another different module, some new sounds are great, some good things where removed too...
I think they still can improve the presets, and hope they will offer an update...

Denv12

I bought the SD2 just over a week ago ,tried it but its now what I wanted.It works on my piano without any problems.Now I'm stuck with it.I cant return it for a refund.

I like the SD2 but it just isnt as good as I had hoped.I was going to buy the SD1000 at first.I'm convinced the SD1000 would be the better choice now.I love the electric piano demos on youtube.I think some of those ep's are on the SD2 but not all of them.Do you think it would be a good thing to upgrade from SD2 to SD1000?

I've been through the 4 banks of 128 sounds.I found all the electric pianos.Nice too.After hearing the youtube demos of ep's I'm sure I should have got the SD1000.Are there more electric pianos on the SD1000?

I have a tascam DP03 digital recorder.The Roland RD700SX and mic connects to the DP03 as recorder/mixer.That then connects to the amp.The SD2 connects to the Roland MIDI in on SD2 to MIDI out on piano and RCA lead to amp.I wasnt familiar with that set up.When I recorded to Tascam I could hear the mic as loud as usual but I could barely hear the SD2.The tascam has always been used as mixer and recorder.I switch in anytime I want to play the piano.

Thanks for your reply.And I appreciate and welcome your thoughts.

Dan

In vArranger, we have many special presets with layered sounds, and this gives a better sounds for the SD2.
Maybe you can try to layer too with your master kb.
But it's a special art...

Dan

Denv12

Hi Dan.

I know how to play all the 128 sounds on each of the 4 banks but thats about my limit.

How do I get into the presets to get better sounds?

As for upgrading to the SD1000,do you think it would be a better choice for me?

Thanks.

Dan

Presets are done by vArranger only. we can layer 4 sounds together to get a more rich sound.
If you are not happy with the SD2, I don't think buying a SD1000 will change anything

Denv12

Quote from: Dan on February 02, 2014, 10:10:14 PM
Presets are done by vArranger only. we can layer 4 sounds together to get a more rich sound.
If you are not happy with the SD2, I don't think buying a SD1000 will change anything

On my Roland RD700SX it can do this too.It has about 475 sounds
I should be able to do this with the SD2.I'm just trying to get the most of out the SD2.

I thought there might be some sounds on the SD1000 that arent on the SD2.