News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Using varranger with Logic Pro 10

Started by stewbow, January 19, 2014, 03:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stewbow

Hi

I've just purchased a new iMac and I've downloaded pro Logic 10.
Has anybody had any experience playing Varranger into logic.
My aim is to run Varranger on a separate PC. Taking a USB cable to midi controller box and then back into USB into the iMac.
Stuart

Dan

yes, this way, you will use vArranger as if it was an external hardware arranger

stewbow

I'm not doing very well :-\

What I'm trying to do is take the output of Varranger into Logic Pro.
I want to set up a 16 channel midi template, with the hope that Varranger will programme select the correct patches for each of the style parts.
At the moment, even though i've set the logic tracks for midi channels 1 to 16, I appear to be hearing all the midi data on all of the tracks.
It is as if everything is omni on

anybody????

4partmusic

Stewbow;

I am not sure I am understanding what you are trying to do?  Are you playing Varranger with a controller keyboard and want to record the midi data into Logic or are you trying to put midi data into Logic and drive Varranger?  I am not a Mac person so I am not familiar with Logic but understanding what you are trying to accomplish may help with the answers provided here.

I think Varranger parts are set to certain midi channels so they won't automatically select a track.  If you have each track set to Omni instead of a specific midi channel that could be why you are getting all the data.

Thanks,

Terry

stewbow

Yes, I am playing Varranger with a controller keyboard and want to record the midi data into Logic.

The answer, I believe is in The Environment Section, but having never used Logic before, it is giving me problems.

I could do with installing a ready made template from somewhere

Stuart

Dan

What you can do, is to go in the SONG CHORDS screen, and enter your chords, Intros, Var, Fills, Endings...
Then export in midifile.
Then load the midifile in Logic

stewbow

Dan
yes, I know that, but I want to play, both hands, and record, and maybe edit afterwards.

I have managed to separate the channels in Logic Pro now, it sounds really good.

I have another problem now, LP doesn't record at the moment, some setting somewhere isn't set correct (900 page manual)!!!!!!!

I am hoping to get an answer back off the Apple forum
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5806959?tstart=0