News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Loading and Saving Data

Started by Bernie9, February 25, 2010, 09:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie9

I see how to load files with "Load" and presume "Save" will work with the registered program.  What is the bar accross the middle that says" Style Midfile,MP3 etc ? If I use it to load a midi, the file association brings up the application normally used for midi files.

Dan

in this bar you can load your files very easily

look at the picture

http://www.varranger.fr/images/vArranger2.png

To put files here, click on the text "style-Midifiles-MP3..."  then put folders here.

Then put files directly inside thoses folders.

Then reload vArranger...

Dan

Bernie9

That is the problem, the bar is blank.  I do not have the genre's accross the bar.

Dan

Do you have some Ketron styles?

just click on the text "style-Midifiles-MP3..."

then create new folder called for example BALLAD

then copy some files inside this new folder.

Then you will see a new button called BALLAD inside the loaded bar...

Dan

Bernie9

Thanks Dan
One other thing is whether my folder and controller settings would remain intact should I buy your software.  It is not a huge conscern, except I won't bother to fine tune the trial app if I have to start over again.  I don't think you answered the question about "SAVE".  It is greyed out and I can't save config's.  Is it because it is a trial version. ?

Bernie9

I don't see rotor control anywhere.  Could you point me to it  ?

Dan

1) You can start to work on the DEMO version, then all your settings will remains intact in the full version.

2)The Save feature allow you to fine tune your files, for example if you want to tweek the volumes, sounds, FX...from the loaded style. This feature will be ready soon. I am not sure yet if I will add this feature in the Demo version.
Of course all the vArranger users are getting frequently new versions for free.

3) The Rotor control :
On each of the 16 tracks , under the 2 FX knobs, you can click and choose for every track if you want the FX2 to be CHORUS, DELAY, DISTO, or LESLIE FAST or LESLIE SLOW.
After you selected one right hand sound, look at the tracks called RIGHT1 RIGHT2 RIGHT3 and RIGHT4,
and change the FX of your desired track to LESLIE.

Dan

Bernie9

Aside from tweeking, do I have the ability to save basic config's, like L and R instrument with a chosen style  ?

Dan

Yes I will add this too...very soon

Dan

Bernie9

Thanks Dan
You have a fine product in the making.  Sorry, I didn't realise it is a work in progress.  When it is up to performance level, I will likely buy it.  This is meant respectfully, but I need to save my reg's, as I do not have time to choose my inst's etc before I start every song.

Dan

Hi Bernie,

vArranger² will be always a work in progress, because there is always something to add to make it better and better.

Keep you in touch with us, the save reg feature will come in one week or two.

Dan