News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Controller Keyboards

Started by Bernie9, August 30, 2010, 02:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie9

My Axiom is okay, but short a few controllers and the feel of the keybed is sloppy.  Before I buy a new one, I wondered if the Korg Nano, or any other auxillary keypad is suitable.  The reason I am asking, is that I have a Roland P-80 with a nice feel but few controllers.

Lionel
I know you had a Nano and bought a Roland.  How is it ?

Lionel

Hi Bernie,

Yes, the Nano Controller works fine, it is compact and sits on end of keyboard.

Had no trouble at all with it.

Still waiting on my Roland PCR800 it supposely got caught up and will arrive this week

Lionel

Lionel

Recieved our Roland PCR800 the other day.

1st Thoughts was, humm bit small than expected, well that was because the Casio Privia is no a small keyboard being 91 keys I think, also a  lot longer and way heavier than the Roland.

After understanding how to set my controllers I set up to vArranger the whole 50 of them. Could do with a few more to cover some of the vArranger ones available, (just greedy here ;D)

The keybed feel quite different because the Casio was weighed keys and felt like a piano where the Roland is of course organ/keyboard like. With the roland having 12 velocity settings available.

So far so good with the only real setback was that we had 3 pedal for Casio now we have none. Back to using fingers for Variation/Fill changes :'(

Having the major volumes changes at finger tip is going to be very handy, not to mention Dan's new Song (Next - Previous) function, very handy too.

Anybody need any more info feedback, just give me a yell (not to loud please) ::)

Lionel

Bernie9

Thank you for the report, Lionel.  It appears that the shortcomings were due to the previous size and feel of the Privia.  In my case, it sounds good.