News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

NeoSoundstation2 Sounds

Started by giupa, April 02, 2021, 02:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garciarob

Hi Pino, nice sounds for the price. The quality is more or less similar to halion. I think it could be a really nice solution for right hands sounds as Halion!

I read that there are also articulations on sounds.

Thanks for sharing.  8) 8) 8)

giupa

Quote from: garciarob on April 04, 2021, 04:14:05 PM
Hi Pino, nice sounds for the price. The quality is more or less similar to halion. I think it could be a really nice solution for right hands sounds as Halion!

I read that there are also articulations on sounds.

Thanks for sharing.  8) 8) 8)

Exactly, many sounds have articulations that can be played with the modulation wheel. Consider two things: The first is that my demos are "not played" but shreds of midifiles. The second is that this library costs 70 $ (about 50/60 €) and that you can play it from kontakt player which is a free app.
I challenge anyone who trades in hardware devices to find solutions of this quality at such low expense.

musicmaker84

Can it be used for drums and accompaniment?

giupa

Quote from: musicmaker84 on July 10, 2021, 01:10:12 AM
Can it be used for drums and accompaniment?

This depends on which styles we use.
The drum kits have different mappings depending on the brand. I found many style tyros 4 very suitable.

musicmaker84

So, it can act as a GM virtual sound module?

I have only experimented with sound banks to run the drum track and accompaniment, and this is a VST. Currently, I route the drums and accompaniment to my Korg PA 700, and it does a fine enough job with the styles I use.

But, I do not have the Korg with me in my vacation home, so an all virtual solution on my laptop is great. And while my free sound banks do the job, I wouldn't mind an upgrade. Dan's sound banks are too large for my setup. At 3 GB, this would be perfect.

giupa

Quote from: musicmaker84 on July 11, 2021, 01:09:18 PM
So, it can act as a GM virtual sound module?

I have only experimented with sound banks to run the drum track and accompaniment, and this is a VST. Currently, I route the drums and accompaniment to my Korg PA 700, and it does a fine enough job with the styles I use.

But, I do not have the Korg with me in my vacation home, so an all virtual solution on my laptop is great. And while my free sound banks do the job, I wouldn't mind an upgrade. Dan's sound banks are too large for my setup. At 3 GB, this would be perfect.

But Dan's sound banks offer nearly perfect compatibility.
And except for the genos sound bank, the others aren't too big
For me, Dan's sound banks are an indispensable starting point, to which to add libraries such as NeoSoundstation 2

musicmaker84

I actually found a solution on this forum. The Yamaha XG synth posted in tools works well with the Tyros 2 styles while my other sound bank is good enough for Roland styles. All is good for now.