News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

pads for CC and other controls / Xotopad

Started by bluebeat, June 11, 2018, 08:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebeat

Hi boys and girls!
It had been awfully quiet past days. I am hoping it is not seasonal mass depression :)

I want to share my experience with Xotopad + Varranger. I was looking for customizable pads to trigger different functions of Varranger for WINDOWS PC. There are many options for PC+Android and PC+ apple products. But almost nothing "user friendly" for PC.   With Xotopad, you can trigger whatever you need in VA, making nice LARGE buttons / sliders that you can use as touch controls. It does not look fancy and has some drawbacks, but it has very low latency and overall super stable. It can stay on the "Top" of Varranger. See last attached photo. This is the smallest (window) size possible for XOTO. I asked developer and he adjusted "smallest" size for me. He said this is the smallest it could be, without running into issues. Ohh, did I mention>? With Xotopad you can trigger chords in VA!!! It comes with huge library of chord templates/scales. See attached photos in the scale to Varranger. Anyway, I do not get paid for this, just wanted to share my joy :)

DEMO is free. Full version priced reasonable. This is the site: https://feelyoursound.com/xotopad/   

Borys54

Hi!
What a comp do You have? (or a tablet).

Thank You

bluebeat

Borys54

I use Yoga Thinkpad S1 (i7) 12.5 inch laptop, that converts to tablet.

slaveofword

Hi.thank for sharing!
does it work whith win7? May be you know?

Thanks

bluebeat

It should. Working demo is available on developer site:
https://feelyoursound.com/xotopad/

P.S. these Pads can control  arranger if you are using more than one program. They  can always stay "on top" layer of any active program. Also, you can change transparency.

slaveofword

Thanks.
But if I want use my laptop+extarnal touchscreen should it work?

bluebeat

Yes, it will work regardless of the 2 screens you will use it on. Again, demo is free. Download and play with it. I tried on two monitors, it works fine. I believe Dan said he wanted to make something similar a few years ago, but that did not happen.... So this, might be a better solution in the end as you can control multiple software applications that accept CC or notes/chords. Again, there are plenty controllers out there for Windows+Android and Windows+Apple products, but very a few for Windows, that can run on same machine (+ multiple monitors).

P.S. It seems that with Windows Anniversary update Miracast (wireless display) option had improved tremendously.  Wireless "extended" monitor works well on faster machines, especially if not using external network and connect to PC directly. (PC to PC) Still minor latency, but already very workable. Hopefully very soon it could be used as a full flagged touch controller.

slaveofword

bluebeat,
did you ask the author of the XotoPad about led feedback which send from vA2?

because when i load new style - the faders of the volume inside XotoPad are still in last postion/...

But in the TouchOSC (for Android) led feedback works fine

Thanks

bluebeat

As for now, I do not have use for it ( led feedback). But you can ask Hauke (owner) yourself. He seems to be a responsive guy.
Again, I am not advertising, but kindly mentioning this as i myself was looking for simple programmable pads and sliders that can be run on SINGLE machine without bringing in android or ithings. Thats all :)

Pekilik

I was make one app which similar like this app, app was made to work especially for vA2 and has led feadback and other good stuff...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymy536r9Pz4

bluebeat

Pekilik, interesting, but I guess the layout and size (dynamic?) can not be freely changed?
Your touch controller is interesting, but very specific to VA, Xoto is more universal. I wish there was a hybrid Xoto@Pekilik controller :)
Is there a demo I can try?

slaveofword

Hello
Pekilik,
l know about your software. This is good solution  for vA! And I have in my mind buy your software.
may be it will be possible to add new features inside your app? I'lll ask you about it by e-mail. Thank you!

But I look solution to manage control in another software Sonar for example....

Pekilik

Hello

@bluebeat  yes app can be adapted for all screen size https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8Z26GleG7M

no demo version if you want more information you can contact me on private messages or on my e-mail,

hello

@slaveoword  my app is made to improve touch screen capability of vA2, in my opinion buttons and sliders on vA2 are too small and I was decided to make this app
which will be perfectly compatible with vA2 and easy to use and fix this little flaw, and I think I've succeeded in doing so, app can control many style buttons (intros, fill ins, Mains, endings and many others
functions..., and many sliders, app can minimize both apps or start and close both app in the same time with click only on one button and many other good stuff),

app can be used to control any other software because app send midi data and can work with any app which support midi protocol

like I sad for any detail you can contact me on private messages or on my e-mail...

regards

Predrag