News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Synchronization vA and Sonar Platinum

Started by slaveofword, January 18, 2018, 06:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slaveofword

greetings to all!
Prompt - is it possible to synchronize vA and Sonar Platinum to record midi tracks from vA to Sonar and edit them to create your own styles.
Suppose I like guitar and bass with a certain style, and I want to create a style with the same guitar and bass + add pipes and flute.

Thanks for the help!

slaveofword

Lylo

Why do you not make a song chord and export midifile ?

slaveofword

hello!
This is a good idea, but you must first create chords, specify sections, and these variations can be a heap during "live performance" (fills, etc.), then you need to spend time to redistribute tools into channels, etc.

Lylo

Yes, you cannot export a live performance.
So you can use a virtual midicable as http://www.nerds.de/en/loopbe1.html and you put it in second output in "midi port select".
You select "send clock" also.
After you select output 2 on each channel in varranger and in Sonar you open 16 midi channels with midicable input.
You configure synchronisation in Sonar (I don't use this daw to explain how make that)
After rec and normaly it's ok.

slaveofword

thanks for answer, Lylo.
But can I ask you: are you use some programm to make you own style? If yes-tell me that name.
I try to do in Sonar midi song, then put it into CASMEdit, then make a style. ..
Thanks

stewbow

I had the same thoughts, went through a lot of time failing to get anywhere usefull.

I now have VArranger on one computer, audio out to my main recording computer that has Sonar Platinum installed.

It works really good

stuart

slaveofword

Stewboy, what did mean "audio out"? Is it out of audiocard or midi out?

stewbow

Hi
Sorry your original post was regarding styles!!!

I use my set up for recording.

I have a 4 channel audio usb interface going into my recording pc that has Sonar Installed, I take the audio out of the VArranger PC into 2 of these channels.

You need to match the BPM on both systems and manually "snap" the start of the recordings to the start of the bars in Sonar.

Don't try and sync the clocks, it doesn't work.(sonar issue, not Varranger)

By the way. did you know that Cakewalk has been shut down :'( :'( :'(

slaveofword

Hello everybody!
I think that there is no synchronization between vA and Sonar. but there is another way of recording, which Lylo spoke about. This method works, but in Sonar it is necessary to enable quantization and after listening to the midi-stream in the midi track listen what happened. example of a variation of the game on the guitar ... in general - experiment!