Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Questions before buying

Started by Cathy, January 21, 2021, 05:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cathy

My reason for being interested..
I have a Korg PA4X(76 key) and a Yamaha MODX(61 key)--
I hurt my back and the Korg ( I love!) is too heavy for me to carry to gigs now so...

1-Can I midi my Yamaha to my computer via USB to use your software?
2-Does the software just provide arrangements and not sounds ( strictly on the Yamaha?)?
3-There's no demo available so are the arrangements' sounds triggered from the Yamaha only?
4-The styles available to owners of the software, are they usable to everyone  regardless of their sound sources?
If I have a Yamaha midi sound source can I still download the Korg (for example ) styles to use in the Varranger?
5-How much does this cost in dollars?

Just my opinion..
You're asking a lot of money and trust from people you're not willing to offer a demo to so we can see if this is right for us. I honestly hope it's everything I need.

Dan

Hello Cathy,

1- YES
2- vArranger receive the notes you play on your MIDI keyboard (for ex. MODX) and then generate an arrangement based on the loaded style, and send it to your MIDI sound module (can be MODX too with same USB cable) . vArranger also come with a Software Synthesizer with basic sounds that can also be extended with SF2 or SF2 or VSTi instruments and generate the sounds in realtime with the PC sound card, (or to the MODX outputs with the same USB cable)
3- I have a MODX at home, so you can send me some styles, and I will record a MP3 for you. I have found the MODX sounds very good and only problem is that it takes few milliseconds sometimes to change programs, and this can be heard a little bit, when you change variation.....
4- Yes, but how they will sound will depend on the sound source.
5- just write " 349 EUR to USD "  in google

Regards,

Dan

Cathy

Quote from: Dan on January 21, 2021, 06:07:14 PMThank you for the information.
Hello Cathy,

1- YES
2- vArranger receive the notes you play on your MIDI keyboard (for ex. MODX) and then generate an arrangement based on the loaded style, and send it to your MIDI sound module (can be MODX too with same USB cable) . vArranger also come with a Software Synthesizer with basic sounds that can also be extended with SF2 or SF2 or VSTi instruments and generate the sounds in realtime with the PC sound card, (or to the MODX outputs with the same USB cable)
3- I have a MODX at home, so you can send me some styles, and I will record a MP3 for you. I have found the MODX sounds very good and only problem is that it takes few milliseconds sometimes to change programs, and this can be heard a little bit, when you change variation.....
4- Yes, but how they will sound will depend on the sound source.
5- just write " 349 EUR to USD "  in google

Regards,

Dan

idgraham

It seems sensible to tag on to this thread, rather than start another with a variant name ? I hope that's OK?

The headline appeal of vArranger for me is its 'hospitality' to the SD2.

vArranger is obviously a powerful software. What I would like to be able to do amounts to much less than its full potential.
My question is: is it possible to use vArranger in a less-than-everything way ?
I.e.
For now, I am not interested in styles and an auto-accompaniment of that sort.

What I would like to be able to do is 'just' coordinate simple live-play from one or two keyboards, with the software enabling me to
(a) layer voices, and
(b) vary the sound envelope, and most particularly the attack.

If it also makes it easy for me to
(c) set up sound changes to be activated in a 1-touch or 2-touch  way, and
(d) record a performance in some sense ie as midi, as a proprietary format, or as audio,
those things would be bonuses.
Sincerely
Ian G
Wales UK

Dan

In one word, YES

For the recording of the SD2, better to use another software