My Sounds: Custom Voice and/or Send additional MIDI messages?

Started by xuanvuz, May 12, 2013, 05:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xuanvuz

Hi all,

Not sure if this is possible yet or not: I use vArranger with other VSTi plugins and other sound sources, is there a way to add "custom" voice to the "My Sounds" bar? i.e. right click on the bar, and there is an option for "custom" voice which I can specify however I want, such as Program/Bank, Preset, MIDI CC, etc...? This way, I can have this "custom" voice send a CC# or patch/bank number to my external sound sources or VSTi plugins.

Also, is it possible to send additional MIDI messages when selecting a voice? Again, there are some complex routing and multiple sound sources that I'm using and it would be great if I can use vArranger to control them all!

Thanks,
Kenny/

Dan

Yes. You have to learn something very interesting about vArranger.
Imagine you have your VSTi host on the MIDI OUT 2.
You can select some sounds for the RIGHT1/2/3/4/2ndVoice tracks.
And then SAVE RIGHT SOUND.
This way you create a new "MULTI" sound.
You can right click on the right1 track and select to play it with the MIDI OUT 2 (VSTi).
You can double click on the right1 track to see more parameters saved with the preset.
You will see here, Program/Bank selection, and tons of CC ready to use. + volume, reverb, chorus, pan....

Another thing... to add second sound layer, you just click on the right2 track and select a sound.  To remove it, press OFF, on top left of the sound groups (piano, e.piano..)

This way, you can create powerful sounds easily. including mixing hardware and software sounds.

When your preset is ready, simply drag & drop it on your MY SOUNDS bar !

Then for every style/song, you can have a different my sound bar......

Easy and unlimited .......

xuanvuz