News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

MAKING THE STYLE VOICES CHANGE WHEN VARIATIONS A-D CHANGE

Started by jbg31792, May 02, 2013, 06:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbg31792

IN VARRANGER2, HOW CAN I MAKE THE VOICES THAT ARE ASSIGNED TO A STYLE CHANGE WHEN THE VARIATIONS A-D CHANGE.

FOR EXAMPLE, ON PRS ORGAN BALLAD T-108 STYLE, EACH VARIATION A, B, C, AND D HAS THE SAME ORGAN VOICES PLAYING. HOW CAN I CHANGE THESE ORGAN VOICES SO THAT IN VARIATION A I HAVE "JAZZ ORGAN3" PLAYING, & IN VARIATION B I HAVE "LESLIES" PLAYING, IN VARIATION C I HAVE "WHITER" PLAYING, AND IN VARIATION D I HAVE "ROTARY" PLAYING?

THANKS,

JOHN

Dan

The short answer is ... NO

The long answer is ... For now, when changing a style track, I decided to follow the style structure.

So, if the style itself contains a sound change for variation A and another one for the variation B, then you can select different sound for var A and B.

If the style is programmed with only one sound for all variations, so when you change the sound, it will change it for all the variations.

This is the most intelligent idea I have found for this hard question. And it is what we need most of time.

When you right click on a track and press STYLE MIXER, you have more information of what is in the current style/current track.

I plan for the future to allow editing on this screen, for more advanced track editing.

jbg31792

Dan, when you say:

"if the style itself contains a sound change for VAR A and another one for VAR B, then you can select different sound for VAR A & B":

What exactly are you saying that a "sound change" is?

For example on my MIDJAY PLUS, and all of the Ketron equipment I've owned in the past, when I'm editing STYLES, whether it's the DRUM, BASS, CHORD 1, CHORD 2, CHORD 3, CHORD 4, OR CHORD 5, the editable parameters are VOLUME, PROGRAM CHANGE, REVERB, PAN AND EFFECTS.

The main parameter I need to be able to control on the vArranger2 styles is the PROGRAM CHANGE, which includes all of the GM VOICES 1-128; 001 GRAND, 002 ROCK, 003 UPRIGHT,
TO 128.

So, when I'm editing STYLES in the vARRANGER 2, regardless of which VARIATION I'm currently in, I want to be able to scroll through the different PROGRAM CHANGE INSTRUMENT VOICES and  choose the ones that sound the best to my ear.

Thanks,

John

jbg31792

DAN,

Good news!!

I was experimenting, and discovered that the PSR STYLE ORGAN BALLAD T-108 would not allow me to change and save any STYLE edited voices in VAR A-D. I'm thinking this is the same with all of the YAMAHA PSR STYLES, as I haven't tried any others.

B--U--T, In all the other vARRANGER STYLES that were loaded in the vARRANGER2, I could edit and change any PROGRAM CHANGE STYLE VOICES AND save them. This was effective in ARRANGER A-D. This included being able to change the DRUM SETS, BASS, ETC. So I could have a LATIN DRUM SET with a WARM BASS, IN ARR A, and change including volume levels, to something different in ARR B. This was effective with all of the PROGRAM CHANGE VOICES in the same way.

John

Dan

It's true that for Ketron styles, for now, you can change the sound separately for each variation.
But most of users don't like this.
When they want to change a sound, they don't want to have to do it 10 times for each variation.
I will update the ketron styles to do like yamaha and roland, and also add a way for all styles to change style setting variations separately.

Still some work to do to please to everyone :)