News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Varranger and 64 Bit issue

Started by 4partmusic, May 01, 2013, 02:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4partmusic

I am trying to get Varranger to work on my laptop which is 64 bit Windows 7. I put the flash drive in and it is recognized.  I click on the Varranger icon in the folder and it appears to be loading and then comes back to the windows explorer region.  I then tried running it as administrator with the same behavior.   What setting am I missing?

Terry

4partmusic

Never mind I think I figured it out.  I don't have the laptop hooked up to an interface at the moment and I think since it is not detecting the sound module or interface it will not load.  Will play with it some tomorrow and see if that is the problem.

Dan

I just sent you an email with the latest version of vArranger.

Just try it, and tell me if it's working.

You don't need to plug the midi interface to run vArranger.

4partmusic

Ok, Thanks I will try when I get home tonight and see if that helps.

4partmusic

I played with Varranger on my laptop all afternoon with Triple Play.  I shut down to go to dinner with my wife and when I came back and booted back up it won't work.  I launch the program and it launches fine.  When I select options it drops down and I select midi ports. The program then freezes and I cannot get it to do anything.  Could the program have gotten corrupted some how?  I reverted back to 1.16 and it seems to work.

4partmusic

I think I found the problem.  Norton had some type of weird error going on with it that was messing things up.  Norton really does not like Varranger and I have to be very careful that it doesn't remove it without asking.  In this case there was an actual error with Norton.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Norton and things seem to be working fine again.  Gotta love technology sometimes :)

Dan

Go on Norton options to EXCLUDE vArranger2.exe from the virus checking.
Antivirus sometimes doesn't like vArranger, because they can't see what it does.