News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

sd2 + Novation SL MKII 61

Started by chico, April 28, 2013, 03:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chico

Hi to all members,
My gig is: Novation SL MKII 61 and the Ketron SD2, I know is impossible to have every thing of the VA in the Keyboard controller but at list some templates to control the basic of the varrager, I don't want to be attached to a computer in my live performance, peoples thinks and playing sequences or just putting music from the computer....I like to have the computer in the floor or hidden in any place. Is this possible? Do you have template for this controller?
I like to buy the vArranger, I sow all the demos and testimonial and I'm impressed.

Thank you
Jose

Dan

Hi Jose,
If you have the Novation SL MKII 61 and the Ketron SD2, you will love vArranger !
Controlling vArranger from a master keyboard is very easy.
I will explain to you when you will have vArranger.

jan1kow

Jose
I do not think people care if you use a computer as long as the songs and sound is good.
Many top singers sing only to Karaoke CGD files without playing any instruments or having any musical ability.
They are getting the best work because people want the sound to be like the original artist.
jon

chico

Dan, Thank you for a fast answer, I will like to use the vArranger, but first answer my question, Can I control the vArranger/SD2 from the controller without put my fingers or the mouse over the computer?

chico

Jan1kow, I agree in part with you, but it looks unprofessional (amateurs) when you see singers reading the lyrics and musicians
playing music and reading the newspaper at the same time. When you play with a jazz band the computer is not welcome
for the other musicians even if they know that your playing real-time music, there is a misconception.
And don't be surprised, the audience knows when you are playing sequences.
I use a Korg M3 in combi mode with all my setting with one touch on the screen, and sometimes people ask how fast I changed sounds.
They listen and evaluate your performance, of course in the first set, in the second set the alcohol does the rest.

Dan

Yes, you can control vArranger from the midi kb without having to use the computer.
But some task are more difficult to do, like selecting styles/songs.
You can prepare some songs in order, and press a NEXT SONG button.

jan1kow

Chico,
I agree what you say and that reading lyrics from a monitor etc. does not look as good as from memory . But I am also confused.
Are you using vArranger or other equipment to play sequences/auto accompanyment for jazz music but not wanting the audience to know. 
You say they will know if they see your computer etc. But you are still going to do it anyway.
So it must be good enough if you can fool them without them seeing your laptop etc?
jon 

chico

Jan1kow,
I like to be prepared for solo performances.... getting old. ...Just kidding. 
Ketron has the best sound in the market, I create my own templates using the Novation + SD2.
I think with vArranger will be easier. Sometimes bands call me to play with them and my Korg M3-73 is too heavy.
I have in my Studio  a Ketron SD1 just for recording, that's the reason I bought the SD2 and the Novation SL MKII 61
to be incorporated in my gig for live performances, maybe in the near future I will just using the Novation + M3 Module +SD2 and vArranger.
ah! I forgot, the mixer and 2 km of cables. "Very lite gig"

Dan

Yes, vArranger will allow you to create and save sound layers very easily.
You can even use the SD2 and then M3 module together.
Change the sound in a click on a button
Access and edit your SD2 and M3 sounds directly from the computer
Enjoy new layered sounds provided for the SD2
Play your SD1 styles with your SD2.
Create some songs for the studio work with the song chords feature...
And tons more...

From what you are saying, vArranger is 100% for YOU :)