News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

left hand for Dan

Started by angel1000, April 17, 2013, 07:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angel1000

Driving the Ketron With BIAB
Load any song set of chords into Band-In-A-Box. Go to Opt. and Click Preferences.
Set Channel# to 16
Set Velocity to a low number (I use 12)
Set note range to 36-60
Leave # ticks before chord change to output on the default which is 40
Leave the Chord Types set to Complex Chords
Click OK
Set the Ketron to receive MIDI time clock. (Highlight Clock in and select)
Go to F6 MIDI and move F10 until you get to User1
Clear everything except set Left to 16
Plug the MIDI output of the computer to the KEYBOARD in of the Ketron. This is different.
Be sure under MIDI Utility F10 that F6 is set to NO and IN/2 Comp is set to Keyboard
Put on KeyStart
Choose a style and pick a BIAB song.
Turn off all the instruments in BIAB except leave Soloist on.
Pick the style you would like to try.
You can pick out different styles on the Ketron while the song is playing to see what you would like.
You can sit and play fills at the correct time.
Set your song chords so that you can use the intro and endings of the Ketron if you like. This takes a bit of planning but it is worth it.

Dan can you take a look at this . It is an old ketron news letter 2004. Is it basically saying that the BIAB program is mimicking the chords of the keyboard and the ketron is responding. I would imagine I could make my ms40 work like this, is that correct.  I guess the key is to receive midi time clock.

angel1000

Before anyone gets upsert I am not interested in BIAB, I am interested in the theory, and I would to use the varranger to see if I can control a midjay ( I didn't mention you know what). Does any sound module that has a keyboard as a seperate controller have to have a midi clock in reception.

Dan

Most of the hardware arrangers car be controled by MIDI SYNC INPUT.

You can do that with your Midjay and vArranger. It will work.

The only problem is with the Audya playing styles with AUDIO drums. It does not sync to the MIDI SYNC IN

angel1000

Is that because audio can never sync to midi.

angel1000

I know it is still early, but the sd1000 will be midi drums with some audio samples for snare, rim shot etc. Does that mean automatically it won't be able to sync, or it is possible in theory.

Dan

SD1000 is not a rythm machine, so you don't need to sync anything.

Sync is necessary if you press START on 2 arrangers together, so after some minutes, the 2 arrangers are still playing together

angel1000

there is a good chance, the new midjaypro will not sync because it has audio drums in the styles. Is that correct or not neccassarily.

Dan

angel1000

Hey Dan the first demo coming out of Musikmesse on the Midjay pro 
http://www.suoniestrumenti.it/blog/unitsofsound/post/musikmesse_frankfurt_2013_arranger_e_pianoforti_stage

Scroll to the bottom and listen to the demo

Dan

angel1000

Dan can you tell if the guitars are audio

Dan

angel1000

Dan i just read your post on synthzone. are we saying we found a way to sync the audya or no. Referring to controlling the styles with varranger.

Dan

Not styles with audio drums, and not with usb.

Didn't try it with audya os5

jan1kow

Angel
Why do you want to use BIAB anyway when vArranger song chord function does same?
jon

angel1000

hey jon how are you. BIAB was just an example, I was always looking for the chord function to drive an audya. I was trying to help Dan find a solution.

jan1kow

Angel,
Im fine just back from my holidays in Torremolinos.
I was catching up on 2 weeks of unread emails so my appologies If I maybe should have read your correspondence and understood better. lol
jon