Lionel

Some are  :o some are  ;D but like some Brand styles they can be  :'(

Bernie9

pilkam

Yes, I need Easter eggs.
Korg styles are coming to VArranger ???:D

Dan

Yes probably !
Major discoveries have been done this week !
Still some things to understand in the Korg format.

pilkam

Bernie9

I have had Korg arrangers and, as I said, I like the styles, but I could never get my head around the OS.  I think it would be great.

Deane

Dan,
I'am like Bernie, the styles are pretty good but the OS is really hard to deal with.
Adding Korg styles to vArranger would be an outstanding addition in my opinion.

Deane

pax_eterna

OS is pretty straighforward to me, but then I have been using them since the original PA1x...

What do you need to know about the styles and OS Dan? Send me an email....I may be able to assist

Dennis

Dan

The question is what does every binary bit of a korg style mean ? :)
I have decoded 70% of the format.

pax_eterna

ahh..now you are getting into the data coding and compiling  areas, not the finished OS itself...and it's real world uses ;)

I think I will leave that one to you m8...  and welcome to it you are  ;D

Dennis

freeway

I'm not familiar with Korg styles,  ??? but I like variations in Styles  ;)so I am looking forward to any new sounds. :)

angel1000

Hi Dan,from what I've heard, they come closest to the feel and quality of the ketron styles. I love varranger with the ketron styles, I am quite dissappointed with yamaha and roland, especially the latin ones. Korgs being done in italy, will hopefully be close to the quality of the ketrons.

pax_eterna

One huge advantage of Korg styles, is a variation pattern can be up to 32 bars long. Makes for very little repetition. One can even enter a full SMF (yes a full song if you like) as intro 1. This option is only available for the intro 1 slot however. Can make it really cool to have a "just like the record" version of a song as the intro and then jump into all your variations to do your own interpretation....Although I doubt whether this can be achieved using vA.

These are just a couple of the very cool things one can do with Korg styles.

Dennis

jan1kow

Dennis
I think any pattern for any manufacturer can be written up to 32 bars but it is just that the manufacturers do no do it.
Probably because of time needed in programming/writing etc.
But this sounds much better than a 4 repetative bar sequence pattern.
Jon
uk

pax_eterna

AKAIK know Jon this is not the case. Yamaha can go to an 8 bar pattern (although rarely used) and Roland 16 (but only in later styles)  not sure about Ketron, but I  think theirs is 8, might be 16 though. And NONE allow you to enter in a complete midi file as an intro...no conversion, any key you like and just paste it into the intro 1 slot...a very handy tool...

jan1kow

Dennis,
I thought it was just that the style writers cound not be bothered or thought it was not necessary to write longer styles/patterns.
But if you are sure that the keyboards are not capable of reading longer styles/patterns thats not so good.
yes I think there is a ketron polka with 16 bars intro/outro
jon

rikkisbears

Hi Dan,
be great if you could get the korg format working.  Are you hoping to get mainly the older styles working or the newer ones that include guitar mode. ie pa800/pa2x  & pa3x.

Dan

I am not at this moment.
Still decoding the file structure.
I was able to decode the new guitar mode of the Tyros 4 styles, so why not korg too? :)

jan1kow

There are over 60,000 yamaha styles to choose.
I have tried several hundred so far and happy with the choices without adding Korg to the equation?
jon   

pax_eterna

I tend to agree with Jon re the number of styles...after a while most seem to be pretty much the same themselves and they all blend in together.

Too much choice just gets very confusing and time consuming in trying to choose what you want.

However from Dans (and vA) p.o.v. the mroe formats it can use, the wider the appeal for prospective purchasers. And Korg DO make some of the best funk and R+B styles...

Dennis

Bernie9

I think Dennis hit the nail on the head,
Bernie

rikkisbears

Hi Dan,
unfortunately I haven't got a clue as to how the guitar mode works in a T4, I don't have access to the keyboard.
Korg's guitar mode reminds me a bit of the macro notes in Band in a Box styles ie  single notes play different types of strums ( amongst other things) & the PA800/PA2X guitar mode isn't quite as sophisticated as the PA3X version.

Having said that, I have absolutely no knowledge on the type of work you do to create VArranger, but I'm confident if anyone is capable of creating a korg software arranger, it would be you.
Being able to play styles from the 4 major brands would be amazing.

Quote from: Dan on May 11, 2013, 10:52:34 PM
I am not at this moment.
Still decoding the file structure.
I was able to decode the new guitar mode of the Tyros 4 styles, so why not korg too? :)

Dan

Major discoveries done the last week on the KORG style file format.
Starting to add the KORG style engine to vArranger !!!!!!!!

pax_eterna

Kudos - that IS a major achievement Dan  8)

Dennis

pilkam

Lionel

Good work
Dan.

We can rely on you man 8)

Lionel

herchster

Hi Dan

I've been lurking on the forums for a while waiting for word on this.  As a long-term Korg user, this would definitely sway my purchasing decision.  If I could move my current set up over to Varranger and could develop from there, that would be brilliant.

Recreating my styles in Ketron or other format seems a step too far for me with so little spare time in our busy lives.

I look forward to more news.

Thanks

Danny

Dan

Cool, can you send me one of your Korg style, so I will try it with vArranger

herchster

Will do asap - am travelling on summer holidays at moment, but will be back later this week.

Thanks

Danny

agaton

What's happen with Korg Styles compatibility of vArranger2,
can we hope :) ?

Dan

Yes of course you can hope :)

I had decoded most important things of the Korg format.

But before finishing, I started to add VST.

Will come back to adding Korg styles soon