News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

varranger /SD2/Musictech 5 row keyboard set up

Started by jan1kow, December 23, 2012, 02:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jan1kow

Pictures from my set up tonight at a club.
jon
uk

Dan

Very nice pictures jon.
Your setup is neat and looks very pro
The vArranger's karaoke screen is cool :)

jan1kow

Dan
I could not live without vArranger. lol
Using a laptop rather than an external standalone arranger (previously Solton MS40 then Ketron SD3)
is never going to be outdated or superceeded.
You will always updaye and upgrade vArranger with new features and ideas that are needed.
what more can we ask?
As long as there is a good sound module like my Ketron SD2. 
jon
uk

4partmusic

What is the device with all the buttons?  I have never seen one of those before?

Nice neat set-up.

Terry

jan1kow

Terry
This is 120 bass buttons on left and 5 rows chromatic on right side.
It is the same as a button accordion (without the bellows) for those who want to play midi accordion as a keyboard and have a more up to date image.
jon
uk

4partmusic

Interesting piece of equipment.  I don't play the accordian but I can see where it would be handy for those that do and easier on your back :)

Terry

Alain

Hi Jon,

I use VA2 with midi accordion and also Ketron MS10 as master keyboard.
I've bought a Musictech MT60.
After first tests (I use French left hand configuration), seems that 7 chord is only 3 notes and VA2 recognize a dim chord. Musictech support confirms that root note can't be added automatically.
How do you cope with this?
Alain

Dan

Ok Alain, the next vArranger version will work with the french accordions too.

jan1kow

alain
I have the Musictech MT 60
You can configure as follows..............
HOW TO SET UP THE MT 60 CHROMATIC KEYBOARD
This MT 60 Chromatic Keyboard has very sensitive independent dynamic control on both Right and
Left Hands. The keyboards can be set up in several different configurations for both the Right and
Left hands as follows.
RIGHT HAND KEYBOARD (Chromatic) - MIDI TRANSMISSION on Channels 1 and 4
C Griff: C in first row
B Griff: C in second row
C in third row
LEFT HAND KEYBOARD (Bass and Chords)
- CHORDS MIDI TRANSMISSION on Channels 2 and 1 (can be added)
- BASS MIDI TRANSMISSION on Channel 3
In International, Belgian, Dutch or French system.
PRIMARY SWITCHING "ON" STAGES
The keyboard system programming stages are accessed when switching the instrument "On".
To enter the setup mode of the keyboard, two buttons are used:
- one on the chromatic Right Hand keyboard (button 1) - see Fig. 1.
- one on the Bass and Chords Left Hand keyboard (button 2) - see Fig. 2.
Hold these buttons down (shown by the arrows) while switching the instrument "On".
N.B. - Decide what setup you want for both Right and Left keyboards before beginning the
procedure below, because the useful time for each operation is just 3 seconds from when the first
two buttons are released.
The instrument, will confirm the programming done by sounding a note.
PROGRAMMING THE SYSTEM FOR THE RIGHT HAND KEYBOARD
After the primary switching "On" stages described in the previous paragraph, select the system
required by referring to Fig. 1 and following the instructions below.
To select C Griff (C in first row): press button A on Rt. Hand Keyboard.
To select B Griff (C in second row): press button B on Rt. Hand Keyboard.
(C in third row): press button C on Rt. Hand Keyboard.
RIGHT HAND DYNAMICS - The button dynamics on the Right Hand keyboard can be selected in
"On" or "Off" by referring to Fig. 1 and proceeding as follows:
Right Hand Dynamics active - press button D (Right Hand keyboard - chromatic).
Right Hand Dynamics not active - press button E (Right Hand keyboard - chromatic).
HOW TO SELECT THE OCTAVE OF THE NOTES ON THE RIGHT HAND (FOR ALL SYSTEMS)
The octave for the notes of the Right Hand keyboard can be set to a maximum of +/- 2 octaves by
pressing specific buttons listed below:
For Midi Channel 1:
Press button N on the keyboard (see Fig. 1 above) to lower the notes by 1 octave at a time.
Press button O on the keyboard to raise the notes by 1 octave at a time.
For Midi Channel 4:
Press button P on the keyboard (see Fig. 1 above) to lower the notes by 1 octave at a time.
Press button Q on the keyboard to raise the notes by 1 octave at a time.
PROGRAMMING THE SYSTEM FOR THE LEFT HAND KEYBOARD
The method used for the selection of the Left Hand keyboard system is similar to that of the Right Hand.
After the primary switching "On" stages described on the previous page and following any other
programming if this was necessary, select the system required on the Left Hand keyboard by referring
to Fig. 2 and following the instructions below.
Remember that all settings, in any of the sections below, must be made within 3 secs of the previous
one, therefore it may be necessary to restart the instrument, repeating the primary switching "On"
stages, if this time is exceeded.
TO SELECT:
International System (2 rows of Bass and 4 rows of Chords): Press button F on Left Hand keyboard.
Belgian System: Press button G on Left Hand keyboard.
Dutch System: - button H on Left Hand keyboard.
French System: - button I on Left Hand keyboard.
The Left Hand keyboard will now have been programmed for the system selected.
LEFT HAND DYNAMICS - The button dynamics on the Left Hand keyboard can be selected in "On"
or "Off" as follows:
Left Hand Dynamics active - press button L (Left Hand keyboard - Bass and Chords).
Left Hand Dynamics not active - press button M (Left Hand keyboard - Bass and Chords).
HOW TO SELECT THE OCTAVE OF THE CHORDS ON THE LEFT HAND (FOR ALL SYSTEMS)
The octave for the chords of the Left Hand keyboard can be set to a maximum of +/- 2 octaves by
pressing specific buttons listed below:
For Midi Channel 2:
Press button R on the keyboard (see Fig. 2 above) to lower the notes by 1 octave at a time.
Press button S on the keyboard to raise the notes by 1 octave at a time.
For Midi Channel 1:
Press button T on the keyboard (see Fig. 2 above) to lower the notes by 1 octave at a time.
Press button U on the keyboard to raise the notes by 1 octave at a time.
ON/OFF FOR ADDITIONAL CHORDS TRANSMISSION ON MIDI CHANNEL 1
The chords transmit on Midi channel 2 by default but the instrument provides for the addition of
Midi transmission on channel 1 also. This function allows a second sound to be controlled from the
chords section (a string backing for example).
To activate/deactivate Midi channel 1, do as follows:
1. Press the first button F (see Fig. 1 above) in the first row on the Left Hand Keyboard;
2. Press the second button G in the same row, while keeping the first button pressed;
3. Press the third button H in the same row, while keeping the first and second buttons pressed;
4. A Led will indicate that Midi Channel 1 activated (LED ON) or deactivated (LED OFF