News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Add 2nd Keyboard

Started by Bernie9, August 23, 2010, 11:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie9

I want to add my Nord Electro to my Axiom 61.  How do I make it send the left hand chords played in vArranger, as well as the Axiom ?

In other words, I want to be able to play the left hand with either keyboard and have vArranger receive the chord data on the accompaniment.

Dan

The chord recognition can be done only by the Keyboard 1

So you have to choose witch keyboard you want to use for Chord recognition.

Then you can add the second keyboard only to play a second sound.

Dan

Bernie9

I rather thought so, since SD2 has only one output.  It can be done on regular midi keyboards, but I see the difference.
Thanks

Dan

it's not a question of SD2 midi inputs, but more a choice by me.

I don't want the users to be able to play part of the chord with one keyboard, and part with a second one.

It will makes eveyone confusing

But you have to plug your second keyboard to the usb midi, check the box PLAY NOTES, and try to assign a sound for LEFT and RIGHT parts (mean Keyb1 and Keyb2)

Try it, you will love it !

Dan

Brian

Have just tried it for the first time,

Highly delighted !!!!  :)  :)  :)

Thanks Dan.

Dan

ha ha ha Brian, I can feel your joy from here :)

What is your second keyboard?

For instant loading, You can save your song with the keyboard 1 and Keyboard 2 sound  !!!

Brian, your youtube video got a lot of good appreciation ! We want more videos :) ! maybe with 2 keyboards? :)

vArranger2 Demo PETITE FLEUR.wmv

Dan

Brian

You're right Dan it is a joy to use,  :)  :)  :)

The second keyboard I'm using is an old Roland EP-7E digital piano!!. It's much more touch sensitive than the M-Audio stage piano that I use as main keyboard.

Will try a video later.

Brian.

Dan

The Roland ep7E was my first keyboard when I learned piano :)

Mine is now dead....

Brian

Dan,

when saving song is it possible to save octave changes in Keyboard 1 and Keyboard 2 sounds?

Brian.

Dan

In the version 0.87 yes :)

Comming today :)

Dan

Dan

Forgot to say that there is 2 way to save the Octave.

If you want to set the octave at the vArranger startup, then select the octaves Right and Left and then SAVE STARTUP CONFIG

If you want to set the octave for every songs, then select the octave and do SAVE SONG, and check RIGHT/LEFT OCTAVES (min version 0.85)

Dan