News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

CREATING AUDIO BACKING TRACKS WITH SONG CHORDS?

Started by jbg31792, April 14, 2015, 06:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbg31792

http://www.pmtonline.co.uk/tc-helicon-voicelive-3-extreme-vocal-and-guitar-effects-pedal.html

Will the vArranger allow me to create an AUDIO FILE backing track with the SONG CHORD, and save it to a USB flash drive?

TC HELICON has just introduced their VOICE LIVE 3 EXTREME vocal, guitar effects, and looper pedal.
Up to 100 AUDIO BACKING TRACKS can be loaded for live accompaniment via a standard USB flash drive
MP3 and 16/24 bit WAV import formats supported.
Onboard sequencer records and plays back FX and step activations live.
Backing tracks/sequencing load quickly via associated presets.
Icon based play/record/editing interface and waveform display.

I'm trying to decide between ordering the VOICE LIVE 3, or the VOICE LIVE 3 EXTREME. Which one would be best suited to use with the vArranger. I'm currently using just SONG CHORDS.

If I'm able to save a SONG CHORD to an AUDIO BACKING TRACK, and then load that audio backing track into the VL3 EXTREME, and hit the play button, I assume that the SONG CHORD would not play on the vArranger screen in sync while its playing on the VL3 EXTREME?

Is anyone currently using the VOICE LIVE 3 with vArranger?

With my military discount, the VOICE LIVE 3 cost $510.00, and the VOICE LIVE 3 EXTREME $799.00 with no discount.

Since I'm not planning on using the VOICE LIVE independent of the vArranger, please give me your opinion which one to choose.

Thank you,

John

jbg31792

The VOICE LIVE 3 also added a firmware update called MIDI SYNC, and will probably available on the VL3x too.

Thanks

John

VoiceLive 3 - Firmware 1.2.02 Released

Craig
posted this on Mar 17, 18:48
Hi All,

There's talk about this update across several forum threads, so I figured I'd just throw together a quick post outlining the major features of the update.

VoiceLive 3
1.2.02 Firmware Release
MIDI Sync
Slave to external MIDI clock sources
Keep delay, rhythmic and loops in time
MP-76 Support
Control any vocal effect and the looper directly from your mic
Loop controls for Switch 3/6
Basic loop controls (Loop Track A) are available for mapping to Switch3/6
Rec/Play/Odub
Stop/Clear
Undo/Redo
Mix Looper to NaturalPlay
Mixes loop audio into the NaturalPlay engine
Allows you to guide key/scale from recorded instrument loops
MET Follows Playback
The METronome in the Looper can be set to turn on and off when you play back your loop
This allows you to use the MET sound as a component of the loop performance without having to worry about turning it off/on separately
Improved Chord Detection
Our core chord detection algorithm has been improved to offer better accuracy
Improved Vocal Cancel
The ability to remove lead vocals from Aux input sources has been improved
It's still dependent on the original mix of the music, but works better in most cases

Tremolo decouple from Tempo/MET
Trem can sound better when not tied to the tempo of the unit. There's a "TREM BPM" control in the Tremolo style that lets you override the box tempo with a Trem tempo you prefer.

Tweaks
Cleaned up the SETUP menu UI
Removed BUTTONMAP tab
Added Mic Control tab
Added Switch/Exp tab
The menus were getting too cluttered with parameters, especially with MP-76 and Switch6 options, so we separated them out into more easily digestible menus
Menus are context sensitive, meaning that parameters are shown for the device selected. You won't see 6 switch options when you select Switch 3
You can get the update via VoiceSupport: http://www.tc-helicon.com/products/voicesupport/

jbg31792

http://youtu.be/n-c2hk4o9iA

Check out this video on you tube using MIDI SYNC, and would it be possible to SYNC the VOICE LIVE 3 as a slave to the SONG CHORDS of vArranger?

Thanks,

John

Dan

vArranger can send MIDI sync, so the delay FX of the pedal will be in sync with the vArranger tempo. Not sure if you use this effect.

You can use the second midi out to drive the harmony, but I never tried it

jbg31792

Thanks Dan,

I've never had a need to use midi sync before. But now with the VL3 the need arises.

I'm thinking of going with the VL3 to use with vArranger instead of the VL3x, which probably won't be released for another month or longer.

I don't want to lose the auto scrolling feature you built into SONG CHORDS. And my concern with the VL3x is that once I record my SONG CHORD songs on to the zoom H6 recorder as a 44.1 WAV file and store it on a USB flash drive as a backing track, and use that backing track in the VL3x, that when I hit PLAY on the VL3x then the SONG CHORDS won't display and scroll on the vArranger.

Also, it's only assumed by TC HELICON customer support that the midi sync will function on the VL3x. And they won't know until after they get a unit in their hands.

And the midi sync definitely functions with the VL3. So would you agree that between the VL3 and the VL3x, the VL3 would be a better choice to use with the vArranger?

How would I connect to use the 2nd midi out to drive the harmony?

Thanks,

John

Dan

When they talk of midi sync, it's not that your mp3 played on the VL will be in sync with the song chords.

it's just for the delay fx. do you really use it?

In your case, it's not so easy to connect. you can select one of the style's track to be sent to the harmonizer, by right clicking on it and SEND TO MIDI OUT 2

jbg31792

After I experiement with the VL3 I'll know better about using the
fx delay and will let you know.

Thanks for clarifying that the VL3x WILL Nof be in sync with  SONG CHORDS when playing back an audio backing track. And for explaining the connection in vArranger.

John