News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

SERIOUSLY looking at this wee beastie....

Started by pax_eterna, September 11, 2012, 11:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pax_eterna

I am seriously going to be checking out this superb new module from Roland - http://www.keyboardmag.com/article/roland-integra-7-first-look/149455

The Integra-7 it is called, and now vA has Roland Style support, I reckon I can get some super sounding styles happening...granted it is rumoured to be around $1800 US, but worth it...

At the moment I am configuring an old JV-1010 with the Drums and Bass expansion card to run with vA and Roland styles....

Dennis

Dan

Very nice sound module. Roland is working hard.

Please record some mp3 about the JV-1010

jan1kow

Very expensive at $1999.
The effects may be more usefull in a studio.
Liked the bagpipes.
jon

pax_eterna

Perhaps, but in any case it is all going on hold again, as I was going to sell my PA3x and go fully into vA and the Roland JV1010..but..................I just installed the latest OS form Korg (1.5) and the upgrade is amazing...they have really done a job of work. So much so that I decided (short term at least) to hold on to it which means no more experimenting with vA for a while...

This new OS needs to be heard to be believed!! Stunning.

Dennis

Dan

pax_eterna

;) Good luck with that!!

I reckon you may find some difficulty with the whole structure on the Korg styles. They do not work on the single style file concept of Roland, Yamaha or Ketron, rather they use a "sets" and "banks" system. Which is to say that for a style to be "seen" and loaded it MUST be part of a style ".SET" file, even if only one style by itself.

It is something Korg owners have gotten used to (but NOT liked at all) and Korg are not about to change!! Plus just in case you needed it, Korg Italy will not, under ANY circumstances release even the slightest bit of sysex data publicly. It is why that even after all these years there have been no 3rd party editor programs created. Korg USA are totally different and are quite open about this data.

Dennis

Dan

I saw that Korg stores many styles together on one big STY file.
I was thinking of exporting a link to every style from this big file into many files, and put them in the folder.
So every style can be acceded directly.
Korg style format is the hardest to decode, but I hope to succeed soon.

pax_eterna

Good news Dan...I hope you are still working on being able to auto close the PDF window if a new song/style is chosen that has NO pdf linked... ;)

Dennis

Dan

Korg just corrected this issue, and now don't close the txt file, even if you change the song. Just look at the 1.5 document ;)

pax_eterna

Sorry Dan, but that has relevance how? Are you using that to justify a "forced open" open document?

And on the Korg (I have already installed the latest OS ;) ) it is an option so one can try different styles over the same piece, but it is optional and user selectable...in the "SONGBOOK"!!!!

What I am saying is I believe vA MUST make it so it is a selectable option, on or off OR

Create a Playlist tool as I suggested, (similar to the Korg Songbook) where all that is saved are links to the various resources used to create the listing. In this way the "Songbook" will only recall whatever resources are linked...so one could have a style folder, a separate midi and mp3 folder and a separate PDF or text folder.. the Songbook only loads the resource from each when required. Rather than the current system where everything is pretty much lumped all together....I know it's easier to program but it is not very "Live" friendly in my view.

What if in a play list there are 50% songs with charts and 50% songs with no charts - it will be a real pain to have to take the few seconds to keep manually closing and opening the PDF window....

Dan

OK, I will add an option for you.
Is it possible to extract the latest Korg styles sets from the keyboard, so I can see if I can play them?

pax_eterna

Dan I can send you a set file, but if you want to open one up I would need to export it as a midi file - it has the note data but also a whole lot of controller data as well that only mean something to the Korg OS (they are NON midi spec CC numbers, but exclusive to the Korg OS and more than likely linked to sysex data that is unobtainable)

The set files can ONLY be opened on a Korg or using EMC which is the only editor available and even IT is extremely glitchy and buggy when working with Korg Data...

Dennis

PS: What bank would you like? Or all of them ;)

Dan

pax_eterna

pax_eterna

Quote from: Dan on September 13, 2012, 05:56:48 PM
OK, I will add an option for you.

By the way Dan, and sincere apologies for missing it - but THANKS THANKS THANKS, that would be c'est magnifique!!

Dennis