News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Are u Still ?

Started by Lionel, August 16, 2010, 06:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionel

Hi Everybody - Anybody :-*

Haven't seen any activity for over a week. Has the world blown up and nobody told me about it :'(

Are we all still alive and busy with vArranger. ???

Anybody got any real concerns to date?

Let's not fall asleep at the wheel here eh! 8)

Send a reply, let us know you still visit the forums waiting to read a new post.

Lionel

Bernie9

Hi Lionel old chap
I look in everyday.  I don't want to stir the pot too much while Dan is busy with improvements.

I like the fact that Dan is continuing to improve the save registration area.  I still can't use the karaoke player, as it won't save muted tracks and transpose like VanBasco.

In the meantime, I am using the tools I have to use for my needs, not implying that this is not a good program.  I just can't use it all the time.

Dan

Hi Lionel, Bernie and others...

I am just back from a 2 weeks vacations :)

Looking at my emails from time to time.

I am very happy to be back to our project and continue improving things :)

A lot of ideas are on my mind :)

Dan

Lionel

Bernie - Dan

Hi Bernie,
I don't think Dan is resting for 1 minute (look he just come back from holidays 8) - hiding from us ??? - I bet he had vArranger on his mind though ::))

When you talk about saving muted tracks, why can't you just save vArranger tracks you want muted with volume on nil - wouldn't that be the same as muted tracks? or am I missing the point?

The transpose bit, is it that you want to load a song and transpose to a particular key to suit voice?
and then save afterwards?

Can I ask how do you use as a Karoke player - never really had much to do with such, what do you do and how? that is with a program like vArranger.

Hi Dan,
Hope you had a lovely holiday, didn't ask if I wanted to go :'(

Lionel

Bernie9

Hi Lionel
Yes, reducing volume to 0 in melody track is the same,   assuming it saves as described. I have a deep voice and many tunes need to be lowered to -2.  Some of the songs I sing do not involve playing(Karaoke), while others involve muting(or nil) more than one track and playing over it, and singing.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=BernieA1000&aq=f

Lionel

Hi Bernie,

It's lovely to see you entertaining the older generation ( I know you are nearly there yourself  ;)).
We play at retirement villages mainly, play mainly old tunes from 1920 to 1970 era, they the oldies love to hear these old tunes.

We mainly play instrumental with minor singing but that will change soon as my wife is getting better with her singing. I play the melodies with my midi guitar with instruments to suit.

As far as I am aware if you save a track with zero volume it will load as zero volume (much the same as muted track)

I have not looked into tranpose yet ( on vArranger  )but will have a look myself as to what goes.

I am particularly interested in harmonies set and saved with vArranger, that will soon come when Dan is ready..

Had a look at your uTube songs, good on yah mate!

Happy playing & singing
Lionel

Dan

Bernie wants saving transpose and mutes on MIDIFILES not on styles.

I am working on it.

Dan

Lionel

Oops, :o

I'm barking up the wrong tree :(

I better chew on my bone for while :'(
and get my facts right.

Dan you will work it out, I guess some sort of midi editor built into vArranger?

Lionel

Bernie9

These requests are not made thinking they are easy tasks, even wondering if they can be added at all.  After all, the programs that do this are very mature(old), and are job specific.  They do a limited number of tasks, and hopefully, do them well.

Here we have Dan already incorporating many fine features in one program, at a relatively rapid rate.

I applaud Dan for steadily working to make vArranger a premier app.  I am beginning to see more and more reference to vArranger on various sites.

Brian

Hi Lionel and Bernie,

good to see the forum active now that Dan is back after a well deserved break !!

I find the discussion on midifiles interesting and saving transpose mute etc. is fine when using vArranger as a stand alone midifile player.

I use a different method to play both left and right instruments along with a midifile and have full control of the program.

Edit midifile either in vArranger or other editing program and record and save as named mp3.

Load named mp3 in vArranger and choose left and right instruments.

Adjust volumes and play .... Song=mp3 volume .....works perfect for me.

Let me know your thoughts on this ........ finally thanks Dan for an exceptional program.

Brian.   

Bernie9

Brian
Please tell me why you record in MP3, the midifile.  Am I to assume that you are not speaking of midikar files that display lyrics ?  There are some midi's I play and sing over, and some just play.  What can I do in MP3 I can't do with midi ?

On my other keyboards, I can recall a midi with the full registration saved with it.  If I need a lead sheet for a song I haven't memorized, I use my notation/chord/ or lyric display on the keyboard, or use Musicpap Pro.

I will eventually rely more on vArranger when I can do more.
Bernie

Brian

Hi Bernie,

yes I wouldn't use this approach for a karaoke file if lyrics were needed, but find that playing along with a midifile using vArranger2 is much more versatile when played as an mp3. Left and right hand voices are easily assigned and is very useful when playing a song where the tempo varies or changes and a suitable style couldn't be found.

This is a personal choice and another great feature of the program that I've come across.

Brian.

Lionel

Hi chaps,

Everyone has valid points, taste,etc.

If you never change anything mp3, yes, but when you change things, midi, yes.

I guess it is down to what you are comfortable with. With MP3, if you have got it down to good mixing and recording, then go for it. Otherwise others use midi and change at will on the go.

To date I have preferred midi but that can change anytime.

If Dan chooses to implement one or the other or both that is his choice as he is developer, having said that he also has to satisfy his customers to their needs.

Lionel