News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Ketron Sd1000

Started by angel1000, June 12, 2012, 09:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angel1000

Hello Everyone , does anyone have any news concerning the sd1000. I saw the musikmesse, and the one ad on ketron. Looking to know if some audio samaples, a la audya, will be included etc. If anyone has any idea as to time of release, price, etc. thankyou

jan1kow

Not sure about a release date?
Apart from the specifications below it has an internal storage flash memory.
The KETRON SD 1000 is a professional sound module designed for Computer music and Midi file applications, offering 384 top Orchestral Sounds including a new Stereo Grand Piano, new Brass and Sax in addition to the acclaimed KETRON solos, new multi-layer Guitars and Basses, new Stereo Pad,Strings, Synth, Electric Pianos and Accordion, 50 new Acoustic and Electronics Drums Sets , 170 Drum Grooves, Multi Effects, USB socket.
Thanks to  his hi-quality Sounds and his pocket  sizes, the SD 1000 arises as a perfect tool for a live performance or for a modern home studio set-up..
jon

Dan

We have no more news  :-\

I am waiting for this module !!!!
What should be better than SD2 :

128 Voices of polyphonie !!
USB !!
More and Better Sounds / Drums and FX !!

jan1kow

exciting cant wait
I guess about £500 GBP

angel1000

Ketron sometimes has the reputation of showing a product and releasing it way further down the line,eg audya, I hope that will not be the case with the sd1000. Do you think if they added audio samples it would compete too directly with the audya.

jan1kow

Hope so.
Im looking for more humain voices like scat vocals, shoobee doo bah, DoBeDoBa, etc similar to Tyros 4
jon
uk

angel1000

I'm looking for the live guitar or live drums, but I think I'm dreaming if they are going to put a $5000 Can feature into a $500 machine.

Bernie9

I would think they will charge much more than $500

jan1kow

Bernie
Sorry about delay in replying
Was on holiday in Portugal.
will just  have to wait and see about the price?
jon

jan1kow

Hi Deane,
If the Roland BK-7m sound module costs £765 GBP
which will do much more than Ketron SD1000. Then the Ketron should cost around £400-500 ??
Here is some specifications of the Roland BK-7m
    Portable backing module compatible with MIDI-capable pianos, keyboards, accordions, organs
    1,000-plus tones, 57 drum kits, 128-voice polyphony
    Over 400 high-quality music styles, each with four one-touch settings
    Over 900 Music Assistants covering every musical genre
    SMF and audio file playback via on-board USB connector
    Audio recording in WAV format directly to connected USB storage device
    Cover function for SMFs and Music Styles
    Composite Video Out to display Lyrics and/or Chord Symbols on external display

jon
uk

Deane

Jon,
check your messages - I sent you BK-7M recordings I made with mine before I sold it.
Deane

jan1kow

Deane
Thanks have listened and sent you as personal reply
jon

pax_eterna

We all know that functionality is really NOT related to the pricing structure of companies. Just look at the GLARING differences between the arranger and "pro-gear" for Korg and Yamaha huge difference in price structure, and yet the pro gear does FAR more than the arrangers...

I think the cost of this sd1000 will be $995, and the new Midjay will be really REALLY silly at about $2500+

The SD4 is still retailing out here for $899, and BEST street is about $750....

The SD1000 looks nice and will probably sound good, but worth that money??? I don't think so

angel1000

everyone is entitled to their opinion, the use of the word "pro gear" is interesting, and I don't see the SD1000 selling for more than six hundred. It is like every high end audio is trying to do, they wish to sell the sd1000 in volume, to a different clientele that is willing to buy the flagship at $5000. In Canada sd2 sells for $450 and the sd4 for around $600. The sd1000 is simply going to be a sound module, going to be priced to sell many, I would say around $600 initially, and it is my choice for Pro Gear.

pax_eterna

I disagree angel...Ketron has NEVER been that interested in huge volume...the SD2 a single pcb all outputs direct mounted inside a low cost machined casing...total production cost about 15 euros (if that)...look at what it sells for!!! The SD4 is VERY similar...all of Ketron gear is in my view overpriced. Excellent though it is, it is really not aimed at the mass markets as most other audio products are.

Ketron are a non-agressive company..That is not a criticism, just an observation. And in many ways it is a good thing. But one thing I can assure you of is they never worry about pricing products too highly. Their ethos is - that's the price, buy it or leave it....

By the way the distinction "pro-gear" was only used as that is how most people view the differences between arrangers and full on synth workstations like the Kronos, Motif et al. It was used as a figure of speech

It is CERTAINLY not my personal view as I have used hardware arrangers for gigging now for over 10 years - mind you I only use styles for about 45% of what I do, but I do use them - in a very minimalist way - mostly drums/bass and one guitar......

angel1000

Lets say the way back when the ketron sounds were developed for the flagship at the time the sd5. Those costs were allocated also to the midjay to the sd4 and to the sd2. I might be wrong but Ketron never used to make simply a sound module. The Sd2 is a way to have a different revenue stream on a set of sounds that were already developed. The existence of the Sd2 actually shows that they are price conscious, in going after a demographic that they never had. It is like a company in Montreal called SimAudio, They are very high end audio, yet they manufacture a DAC for $600. That Dac is built for volume, as is in my opinion the Sd2. The SD2 has to be priced in the ballpark of whatever competitors are out there. That is also why I think they don't bother Varranger, it helps them sell Sd2's. There is not enough profit in the high end, not enough sales. I would love to see how many Sd2's were sold compared to SD5's. The Audya drives the engine, they will eventually implement live guitars and drums on a SD whatever, when the Audya moves on.

jan1kow

regarding the price we will just have to wait.
I found the Musikmesse 2012 - Ketron SD1000 promotional video on youtube strange that there were no sounds from the module to be heard.
They advertise a new S1000 sound module without any sound examples?
jon

angel1000

I saw on a German site that the new midjay will be out by November (christmas season) I am hoping the same thing for the new sd1000.