News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Left Hand Chords

Started by 4partmusic, June 27, 2012, 03:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4partmusic

I have been playing around a little with Varranger since I have gotten it. Tried to work through the manual but without the pictures it is really hard to follow.  I have about 2/3 of the english user manual updated with pictures so that it is a little more user friendly for me.  Hopefully can finish it this weekend.   Dan I don't know if that is something you want to review and post or not.  I do find time going by fast when I play around with all the different features.  You just kind of get lost in discovering what the software can do.

My other question is, since I am not a keyboard player by trade and my theory is not as good as it should be is there a chart somewhere that shows me how to create the left hand chords so I can play lead sheets with the many different songs?  I have a piano chord chart so I am assuming the playing the basic triads or just the root note for major chords on the left hand works but what about when you need an Asus an or someting like that?

Thanks,

Terry

Dan

Hi Terry,

Everything who will improve the understanding of the software for English speaking musicians is very welcome.
I am sure that this will interest many people.
You can do many many things with vArranger, and I don't think you have to understand everything before starting enjoying playing music.
Feel free to ask for help here.

About the chords, you can play in realtime with your left hand, to change the chords of the arrangements, or enter them manually in the screen OPTIONS / SONG CHORDS.

Also, here is a nice chord chart that I found in the Yamaha Tryos 4 Manual.
Most of that chart is true for vArranger too :

Deane

Terry,

If you google "piano chords" and "Music Theory" you will find dozens of free sites with lessons about chords and when to use the chords.

Deane