News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

vArranger and Windows 8

Started by Deane, June 19, 2012, 12:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deane

Soon there will be tablets running Windows 8.   I installed Windows 8 on my PC but vArranger will NOT run under Windows 8 right now.  I wonder if Dan is
working to make vArranger work with Windows 8.    Seems like the way microsoft is taking us in the PC world.

Deane

Dan

vArranger will work with Windows 8.
What was not working on your preview version, was the Roland MIDI drivers not available.

ygmuzic

Im running Varranger on win8 with no problems at all. I have the Akai MPK61 controller and installed the drivers and everything works flawlessly.

Mendy

Dan

Deane, you tried the first version of Windows 8, but they released a new 'not finished' version since.

Mendy, what computer, and midi interface are you using for the SD2?

ygmuzic

Right now im using the Acer Iconia w500 tablet. Varranger runs smoothly on it.I have the sd2 midi in connected to the MPK61 midi out and the MPK61 connected to the computer via usb cable.I just had three 3hr. long gigs with this setup and everything went well.
Mendy

Deane

Hi Dan,
I do remember now - the controller was not being seen by Windows 8.  I wonder if Roland has released new drivers?

Deane

Deane

I just emailed Roland support and will post and asked when Windows 8 driver support will be available.  I'll post their reply when it arrives.

Deane

Deane

Here is Roland's reply to my question about Windows 8 driver support:

"Hello Deane,

Normally Roland releases drivers for new operating systems right around the time they are officially released by the manufacturer (in this case, Microsoft). The latest information we have heard is that Windows 8 will be released in the 3rd quarter of 2012 (maybe September or October), so we would expect to see drivers for Roland and BOSS products at that point.

Sincerely,
Roland US Product Support
M-F 8:30am-5:00pm Pacific Time "