News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Saving Edits to Bass Sound for Accordion

Started by Morris Crum, May 10, 2012, 05:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morris Crum

Hello Everyone,

As an accordion player I like to be able to increase the release time for the bass sound when playing manual bass.  When I do this and save the edited bass sound within a song it does so with the value I set it at (for example increase from 64 to 82).  When I change variation or come back into the song (style) the value reads 82 but the release edit has defaulted to its dry sound (64).  I have tried several work arounds on this but no success including if my accordion is sending a new release control messages but to no avail.  There seems to be information in the Forum on how to save right hand sounds for use in both right and left voices but I cannot find anything in the the Forum or manual on editing and saving the bass as I described.

Can anyone help on this please?

KInd Regards

Morris

Dan

Hi Morris,
You are the second one (accordion player) who asks me to add more sustain on manual bass.
For now you can't save this setting.
I will try to add it for the next version of vArranger.

Lionel

Dan,

You sure know how to satisfy your customers.

I watch the forums very regularly with the little time I have and can't help noticing your hand in there helping so gracefully.

On yah mate

Lionel

Dan

When I buy musical equipment, I have sometimes, ideas or need, and more often, the company is too big for my need to come into the ears of the developers.
The idea behind vArranger was to create a good product, and also a relationship between the developer (me :) ) and the users.
Not because I don't have enough friends :) , but because I noticed, years after years, that the best ideas are coming from the users, and more we are, and more ideas we get.
For you Lionel who is in the adventure almost since the beginning, you know what I mean.

Also, I try to help any users who have a problem using vArranger. I think it is normal that someone who paid for a product, to be able to fully enjoy it.

I hope long life to our community :)

Dan

Lionel

Very well said Dan,

On thing I have notice on a lot of forums is the customer is always always trying to get the developer, etc to respond to their needs.

I believe too date you have exceeded our expectations

Well Done..

Lionel

Dan

Dan

On the next version of vArranger :

- Click on MANUAL BASS
- Double click on the BASS track
- Change the Release time
- Click on SAVE STARTUP CONFIG...SAVE
- DONE... now, everytime you click on manual bass, vArranger will automatically set your desired bass volume and release time (sustain)

Morris Crum

Hi Dan,

That is good news and should be a very useful update to varranger for accordionists who play using manual bass.  Can you advise when the update is available for download?

Many Thanks

Morris

Dan

Yes every user will receive the download link of the next versions