News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

How to Save Start Up Configuration and New Song Styles

Started by Morris Crum, May 07, 2012, 08:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morris Crum

Hello Everyone,

I am a new member having just bought varranger and I live in Ireland.  Do not want to trouble Dan with to many initial queries so maybe the question I raise has been dealt with before.   My Varranger is loaded on USB stick.  When I assign the controllers I save them using start up configuration.  When I reload the varranger nothing is saved.  What do you think I am doing wrong

Regards

Morris

Dan

Hi Morris, and Welcome here !

You don't trouble me, and you can ask any questions here or by email.

When you assign controllers, you don't have to save startup config. Just go on OPTIONS/CONTROLLERS, then select your function you want to control, then move your midi controller or pc key. Close the window. That's it... it is saved.

If it's not working, let us know...

Also, your USB stick must be plugged to be able to run vArranger, but you don't need to run the software from the stick.  Running it from your hard drive should be faster.

Regards,

Dan

Morris Crum

Thanks Dan,

Tried this several times again but could not save any changes I made to the varranger.

Regards

Morris

Dan

Are you running vArranger from your USB thumbs drive? Maybe it is write protected. Try to run vArranger from your hard drive

Brian

Hi Morris,
where in Ireland are you located  ... I'm in Derry.
Brian.

Morris Crum

Morris Crum

Hello Everyone,

Traced my start up problem.  Varranger was opening up in anti virus programme on the laptop which did not allow any changes to be saved.  Disabled the anti virus and changes saving as Dan advised they would.  Some minor parts of programme not saving (adjusting release time on bass voice) but I am going to study these and before setting up a new post to see if I can figure out the cause.

I am very impressed with the operation of varranger and how the control screens are laid out to allow adjustments to voices etc to customise the styles to suit my needs.

Thanks to Dan for his support.

Regards

Morris