News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Nano Kontrol on my accordion

Started by jan1kow, March 02, 2012, 01:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jan1kow

In factory Midi accordions there is usually a midi control panel which is fixed onto the front grille for selecting midi controls/instrument sounds.
I have successfully managed to atttach my Nano Kontroller to the front grille of my accordion to use with my vArranger.
I will post pictures tomorrow.
Jon
Edinburgh

jan1kow

Here are the pictures of how I attached a Korg Nano Kontroller unit onto the grille of my accordion.
As this is an old accordion the original black and white coupler buttons which worked the original Elka electronic sounds are now redundant.
The technology in 1983 required a large generator box (approx. 90x30x20cm, 14Kg) which when connected to the accordion produced the 30 beautiful Elka sounds. Its amazing to think that my ketron SD2 can sit in my hand and produce hundreds of quality sampled sounds.
I removed the accordion grille , unscrewed the screws that held the original Elka accordion black and white coupler buttons pcb board (now redundant) so the pcb would sink into the accordion grille just enough to make the nano sit almost flush on top, then secured the nano onto the grille with a couple of cable ties onto the accrodion grille. I would have preferred to remove the origianl redundant coupler buttons pcb etc. but they need to remain connected to allow the accordion to continue to work by midi interface to my Ketron SD2 and vArranger.
jon

jan1kow

Please note I had problems with uploading of the jpg pictures on the forum and I am awaiting Dan helping me with uploading my 3 pictures.
Maybe somebody will clarify if there is a max file size/resolution as I suspect that is the problem.
However even one jpg was stalling/hanging on the uplaod procedure.

Jon

Dan

Hi Jon,

Here are the pictures.

Nice JOB !

Dan