News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Yamaha mox 6

Started by jimmiez, February 06, 2012, 12:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmiez

I have the new Yamaha mox6 keyboard and getting a Samsung slate to run the varranger.  How would I connect and what additional items do I need, midi cable?  Thanks

Dan

If you plan to use the mox6 as midi keyboard + sound module Just plug the USB cable from the MOX6 to the Slate

jimmiez

Thanks. Sounds easy enough.

Dan

I just posted for you the instrument definition file for the Yamaha mox series

http://www.varranger.fr/vforum/index.php?topic=479.msg4370#msg4370

jimmiez

Dan. This is great but how do I use it?

Dan

On vArranger, just press LOAD and open this file. Then when you click on the button INS, it will display a list with all the MOX sounds, and you will be able to select them on any of the 16 midi channels.

jimmiez

Admin

More info on the INS feature here
http://www.varranger.fr/vforum/index.php?topic=482.0

Also, don't forget to select the XG mode

jimmiez

The Samsung slate may not work for me. I have a MacBook Pro.. Will the V work with this Mac?

Dan

Yes, but you have to install Windows 7 with BootCamp

More infos here :

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3986

jimmiez

Dan- didn't you use a MacBook pro at one time but switched to a window pc?  Did you experience issues using the Mac?  Also, how large is the V file for downloading?  Thanks. 

Dan

Installing a bootcamp partition will give you 2 different computers inside the same computer.

You can decide if you want to boot on Windows, or on Mac

There is no problems between the 2

I am personally using a Mac Book Pro too

jimmiez

jimmiez

If I add the sd2,what hookup cables are needed ?

Dan

jimmiez

Thanks....getting closer to making the leap to the V...
I need to bootcamp my Mac...order the sd2, um-one, and V.   

jimmiez

stupid question...I see two types of SD2 on google.  One is the arranger and the other is the orchestral.  Which one do I get?  Also, where is the best site to buy from?   thanks

Dan

There is no SD2 arranger. Only orchestral wizard.
Ask to Deane who bought his SD2 in USA.
Where are you from?

jimmiez

Panama city beach Florida

jimmiez

Dan, what version of windows do I need with Bootcamp or do I to run varranger?  I was going to install Bootcamp this weekend.

Dan

Any versions of Windows 7

Deane

I Currently run Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro.  It runs really well and vArranger runs flawlessly on it.  You can use BootCamp, an Apple free program, to install Windows 7 on a separate partition on the MacBook.  You will automatically boot to the Apple OS but can boot to Windows by holding down the control key during boot up.  I am NOT running the new 'LION" apple OS on my MacBook.  It has a few flaw Apple hasn't fixed yet when using BootCamp.

Deane

jimmiez

Thanks.  I will let y'all know my success. 

jimmiez

How large is the varranger file to download ?  Also, once downloaded, will I have access immediately to get me up and running?

Bernie9

jimmiez

Thanks. So do you think 20gb is sufficient for the partition of Bootcamp ?  Looking at all styles you have available and other downloads that is available by members   

jimmiez

Load 32 or 64 bit windows to work with V?

Dan

How many GB of RAM do you have?

With 32 bit you can access only 3GB of ram.

I personally installed the Windows 7 32bit , and use only 3GB of 4GB available, but it is enough for me.

But vArranger is working OK on 64 bits OS too

On my 500 GB Hard drive, I did a partition of 100 GB for Windows. But since I am using 99% of time my Windows OS, I regret to not did a bigger partition.

jimmiez

Good to know.  Thanks.

jimmiez

I've successfully installed windows 7 64 bit on my MacBook pro and just ordered the varranger. Can't wait to get started using the V.