News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Korg MicroArranger and vArranger

Started by Bernie9, January 08, 2012, 11:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie9

I have following all of the threads on the new Korg and was wondering if this would work vArranger.
http://www.korg.com/microarranger

The smaller keys is not a problem but how many knobs,sliders, or switches generate midi messages to control vArranger.  If this was accomplished, would they play well together.

Any thoughts ?

Bernie

Dan

Oh I was about to buy this new baby to test it with vArranger. But my wife told me to stop compulsive buys :)
I just bought the latest Yamaha PSRA2000, to improve the Yamaha style engine of vArranger...

It will come to my door this week

The micro arranger is exactly like the Korg PA50SD, but smaller.

Honestly, I would never buy a PA50SD. So I will try to calm down myself of the MicroArranger.

I like the idea of Small and Lightweight, 61 keys...

For sure you can use it as a master keyboard to control vArranger + as a sound module to play vArranger sounds.

I am not sure if the buttons are sending always the same MIDI data, to be able to control vArranger...

If someone have a Korg arranger here can try it... I think there is many MIDI options... Look at the manual...

Dan

Bernie9

Dan
At least you have a good reason to have gear lust, with a software business to run.  Me, I have the same disease but no excuse for it.

Rikki is a Korg gal and maybe I can get her to weigh in.

Bernie9

Rikki said that she tried the PA3X and only had a couple of buttons sending midi and no sliders.  She is checking further.

How about if they were midi'd together and a Korg Nano was used ?

Dan

Yes for sure. You can use the MicroArranger as a simple master keyboard with 61 mini keys.
You can also use it as a sound module via MIDI.
And control vArranger with a Nano Kontrol..

Maybe there is a special MODE in the korg midi settings to be able to control things...

Bernie9

I was on the phone with the Sweetwater Korg tech and he agrees that a Nano device would be the safest way to go to avoid conflicts.

I just might do that.

Bernie9

I just finished installing vArranger on my Iconia W500.  The touch pad works really well to the point that I don't know how much additional control I'll need.

I have made an arm for my keyboard stand to hold the tablet that extends over the keybed, making it very easy to touch controls while playing.

Dan

We really need youtube videos of your setup or at leat pictures !!

Bernie9

I will see what I can do when I get the chance.

Dan

Bernie9

It may be okay for some, but it is handier for me to have it flat and close to me.  If I wanted it upright I simply put my tablet in the qwerty station and use the keyboard for some of the controllers.

Deane

I  too am very interested in this topic as I am ready to buy the little Korg Micro Arranger.   If it will work easily with
vArranger that would be the final thing to push me into buying the Korg.   I hope someone figures out a simple way to
make it work.

Deane

Bernie9

Deane

In your mind, what do you want the Korg to do  ?

We know it is a master keyboard for note messages at least.
It can be a slave module.
It can be used along with a controller keyboard as a midi setup.
Last, but not least, it can be used by itself for small venues.

I don't think it can be used reliably as a controller keyboard, without conflicts, to control vArranger in all the paramiters needed besides note off and on.  However, the qwerty keyboard or Nanokontrol, or touch screen can handle that.

Bernie

Deane

HI Bernie,
I don't have a "purpose" in mind for the Korg Micro Arranger.  I thought it would be nice if it could control vArranger and at the same time provide some of the Korg sounds and styles.   I might just use it as a stand alone keyboard.   

Deane