Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Haw to control

Started by Dusan, July 15, 2012, 11:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusan

Hi to eweryone,

I am not vArranger user yet, but I would like to know befor I buy that software
haw and if pasable to control that software with my Ketron Audya ?

Deane

Dsusan,
This is not an answer to your question but rather a testimonial for vArranger.  For over a year now I have  used it for gigs and use a Roland A800Pro controller.  It is a great piece of software and the creator, Dan, provides outstanding support for his product.   I'am sure Dan will respond here shortly and answer your Audya question.

Deane

Dan

I am adding now for the next version the SYSEX INPUT to vArranger, so you will be able to monitor SYSEX messages and assign any vArranger function to any button sending a SYSEX message.

The Audya is sending a SYSEX message every time you press a button, so it is working.
There is some things to set in the Audya options.

If you use USB cable for MIDI : MENU/MIDI/UTILITY => USB MIDI = ON , then plug the USB cable.

In the same screen :
MIDI PORT IN KEYB = Port 1, so the Audya will react as a sound module.
Local OFF + All left sliders (drums, bass...) at put at 0, so you will not hear the sound produced by the Audya itself
Pianist, so vArranger will receive on channel 1, full keyboard what you are playing on the audya.
Filter TX : don't filter the tabs sysex..., so the sysex will be sent when you press a button

It's cool to control vArranger with the Audya...!

Maybe other arrangers like Korg... are sending SYSEX when you press buttons?

pax_eterna

To be honest, I really do not see the point of having vArranger AND the Audya (or any hardware arranger for that matter!!) - if I had enough money to buy an Audya I can guarantee I would not be spending any more on a pc and vArranger (as GOOD as it is Dan)...The Audya would be plenty...use the iPad for all the charts and the Audya for all the music.....

Still, each to their own I suppose :)

angel1000

I am buying the audya not for the keyboard, I am buying the audya for the syles. Example the Audya4 which is the arranger module ( no keyboard) fits the varranger perfectly. The varranger has the chord view window, which the audya4 does not have ( no sequencer). Just think of the Audya4 as a fancy sd2.So it makes a lot of sense.

angel1000

So Dan what are you saying, you got it to work. And if you did maybe, eventually, you can give us a step by step tutorial on how everything will work vis a vis the audya.

angel1000

does this help my issue of wanting to do everything through the chord view window.

pax_eterna

Quote from: angel1000 on July 19, 2012, 03:16:33 AM
Just think of the Audya4 as a fancy sd2.So it makes a lot of sense.

;) Well we will have to agree to disagree Angel...makes no sense to me, but if you have plenty of money and can do this sort of thing - well good on you...go for it...I still don't get it though :)

angel1000

Yah we can agree to disagree. Besides the point of money, for someone like myself who would like a chord sequencer to input the chords there is no other way. I do everything from home in my studio, play live with wave files tuned for the girl singer , myself, and my percussions.The audya is a very fancy sd2, unfortunately I still don't know if Dan's discoveries will help my cause. You seem pretty knowledgeable, what do you think.Is it worth $4000 to have live audio and live guitar, that depends on how fast one can recoup their investment. If you can think of a better way with my parameters let me know.

Dan

I am now talking here about controlling vArranger with the Audya buttons.
Not what you need : controlling Audya styles by vArranger
The topic is here : http://www.varranger.fr/vforum/index.php/topic,752.msg5557.html#msg5557

And for now, the syncro input of Audya is working only with midi styles. Not Audio styles.

So for you need, the Audya will not be good, until Ketron is correcting this problem.

I did not add the SYSEX input only for Audya. It's good to have many choices to control vArranger for maximum hardware compatibility.

You can have the Audya, and want to add vArranger as a "toolbox" in the following situations (not only) :

- When you have a folder with 10000 styles or midifiles and want to give them a try. It's more easy with vArranger
- If you want to try Yamaha and (soon) Roland styles with the Audya
- If you want to fast create backing tracks or midifiles with the vArranger's song chords.
- As a second setup for situations where you can't or don't want to travel the Audya. (Train, Airplane, going to vacation with a small laptop, as a backup system)

Of course each one will buy only if he needs...

Dusan

Thank you to all for yours replays.
Pax,
only reason whay i want to buy vArranger is simple.I just want to play a huge
library of Yamaha and in the future Roland styles.Fundamently I am a Yamaha guy cos
in the past I play Tyros1 and after five years I change to Ketron.No mether haw god
Audya can be I am a little disapoint about her.Ketron is extrimly slow to solve all that
bugs who Audya haw.Stil weighting to new software update and realy dont know if
can be relised this year.
I am not some software or Midi guru and dont know much about midi mesages and
ather stuf about haw to conect ather instruments via midi kables.I just want a simple
guide haw to control that software with instrument who allredy haw.I dont nead anather
midi controler on my gigs cos Audya is havy anaf to carry...

I am shure if I buy v Arranger software Dan will be "close"anaf  to help if I haw a trouble
haw to conect and haw to set my Audya and vArranger tugether....

Thank you to all....