Main Menu

Your Thoughts on vArranger

Started by Lionel, December 31, 2009, 01:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionel

Hi All,
I would like to hear what anybodies thoughts are on vArranger

Well, I would like to add my thoughts.
When I first stumbled across VArranger I thought Ah something to help me set my Ketron SD2 without having to fiddle and figure out via SysEx files. So I searched the forums for info on this product, but not much was found except asking price was a bit high compared to other products. So I contacted Dan the developer and pounded him with questions and said I needed a demo to test if it would do the job required. Dan then sent me a demo and I responded with my needs and with brilliant support Dan added features that was required. I play a Midi guitar and my wife plays keyboard and because the SD2 outputs High Quality sounds for midi we use vArranger to get the best out of it and Yes it does extract the best out of it. At first I used Band In A Box for my backing and my wife was made redundant as it had better styles than on board styles on the keyboard also sound wise BIAB was better than onboard keyboard sounds unless you pay big dollars for better ones - I mean big dollars for a family budget.

Now I discovered vArranger and with Dual input one for my Midi Guitar and one for keyboard for my wife and with Inbuilt styles  with superior sound quality my wife is re-instated  ;D

I have used it live outdoors as well indoors and it does a very good job. Now I have bought vArranger because it brings a new life to our playing and sound, the cost is justified because SD2 is made alive with vibrant sounds because the vArranger has been coded to take advantage of the sounds that the end user cannot reach or use without extensive knowledge of SD2 sysex code.

Anyway I can rant and rave but that does not help you, but what I can say is Yes vArranger does a marvelous job for me and with a few more additional features it will of great value to owners of SD2 module.

Lionel

Dan

Hi Lionel,

Thank you for taking time to report.

A lot of new features that you asked are on the way !

I will send the update soon.

Dan