News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Product inquiry

Started by Patrick, October 25, 2011, 09:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

Hi Dan,

I am interested in purchasing vArranger. I have a few questions regarding the product:

* How many keyboards can I connect to vArranger? Can I setup vArranger to play 2 or 3 keyboards, plus a pedalboard, each playing a different voice? 
* Can I layer voices or split independently on each keyboard?
* Can I use Yamaha MOX6 as a tone generator? How about the Mega Voices on MOX6? How would the sound from MOX6 compare to Ketron SD2?

Thanks,
Patrick

Dan

Hi Patrick,

* It depends. If you use different midi inputs, you can use 2 midi keyboards. If you use an organ who are sending on many midi channels, you can use 2 keyboards + 1 bass pedal board. 
Due to the number of organ players who bought vArranger recentely, I will probably add some specific features for organ players with many keyboards and pedals...

*You can create your own presets with layers and splits fully configurable.  Then, you can use one preset on the Keyboard1 and another preset on the Keboard 2. So, yes.

* Yes you can use Yamaha MOX6 as a tone generator. I don't think the mega voices are compatible with the tyros ones. If one day you own a MOX6 and vArranger, we wil see what can we do with this kb drived by vArranger.
I think it will sound very different than a SD2....

Patrick

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your prompt response. Does the vArranger license covers future upgrades?

My keyboards and pedalboard are separate controllers. I guess I could use a MIDI merge box to reduce the number of MIDI IN ports to 2.

I'll be selling my mox6, so I'll probably get an SD2 if I decide to purchase vArranger.

Patrick

Hi Dan,

I've just read that you will soon release a virtual sound module. Do you have a estimated release date?

Dan

Yes Patrick, Upgrades are free for every vArranger licence owners.

About the Virtual Sound Module, I think to release it in the end of November, if everything goes well.

Patrick

Hi Dan,

I wonder if vArranger supports "fingered on bass" for playing inversions (C/G, C/E) and descending bass lines (C, C/B, Am, Am/G, F, F/E etc)? I hope it does, as I can't imagine playing without it.

Anyways, I am happy to hear that the virtual sound module is going to be available in a very foreseeable future.

Dan

Yes, in vArranger screen it is on the top left : BASS TO LOWEST

If this feature is ON, vArranger will use the lowest note of your chord to play the bass root.