News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Warning to Apple Computer Users

Started by Deane, October 28, 2011, 04:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deane

I use a Macbook Pro with Windows 7 installed in a Boot Camp partition and it works
wonderfully with vArranger.  However, I decided to upgrade from Snow Leopard to
the new Lion OS and now no matter what I do I can not get the Boot Camp Assistant to
work as it did with Snow Leopard.   I had to totally delete Lion from the Macbook Pro, reformat the hard drive and reinstall Snow Leopard.  In the process all of the vArranger files were lost - I do have a backup.  However, even now I still can not get
Boot Camp Assistant to see the Boot Camp partition so I can reinstall Windows 7.

Bottom line is that is a real pain and very time consuming and I will probably end up
buying a PC Netbook to run vArranger on. 

Deane

Bernie9

Hi Deane

Sorry to hear of your problems.  That's awful.

I originally tried vArranger on a 10 inch netbook and found it pretty small.  However, since you know it well, it might not bother you.  What I did was to buy a reconditioned Dell laptop for $200 and use it just for vArranger.  I found it far more suitable.

Bernie

Deane

BACK UP AND RUNNING!!!  Today I was able to get my MacBook Pro setup once more with Windows 7 and vArranger running perfectly.   What I had to do was reload the applications disk that came with my MacBook and then do the software updates from Apple.   The other thing I did differently was to load Windows 7 and not try to load XP, Vista, and do the upgrade to Windows 7.  For some reason Boot Camp did not like XP and would not recognize the Boot Camp partition.   

Anyway, I am back up and running and all is well in vArranger land once more.

Deane

Dan

The new bootcamp coming with the Lion OS doesn't support Windows XP.

vArranger is developed on a MacBookPro with Windows 7 (bootcamp) too :)

Deane

Hi Dan,
Yes, I reloaded the original applications back onto my MacBook and the installation went
ok.  Really glad to get it working again.  I did not like Lion - I have it on my Imac and it is not worth the time to upgrade from Snow Leopard in my opinion. 

Deane