News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

Changing Voices In A Variation

Started by Deane, October 13, 2011, 03:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deane

Hi Dan,
I am busy setting up my gig set lists on vArranger and have run across a problem I can't find a solution for. 

If I am using any given style and I really like a certain variation of that style I might want to just change RH Lead voices while playing a song but may not want to have the variation change with the voice change.  Normally I always
have the "Link" function active because I like to change RH voices when I change variations. 

What I would like to do is keep the "Link" function active but still be able
to change variations without changing the RH voice or change the RH voice without having the variation change too.

Deane

Dan

You can always change the RH sound without this changing the variation.

Remember on the Tyros 4, when the OTS LINK button is ON, the sounds are always changing with the variation.
When you disable the OTS LINK button, the sounds stays the same whatever the variation.

We did the same with vArranger.

If you think about something that can be improved, let me know.

(maybe saving the LINK button ON/OFF state with every song...)

ps : I am just back from a gig with vArranger only and my small Roland A500S 49 keys... It was amazing, I love to use it :)

Deane

I have a suggestion.  In the controls section I have setup four buttons on my keyboard that changes the variation - each button is for a different registration 1-4 and it works really will.  So, with the Link button activated I have the ability to change variations with a new RH voice in each variation.

I also tried to setup two buttons for variation UP and variation Down.  It also works well BUT - if the Link button is activated it also changes the RH voices.
How about changing the variation UP and variation down button to NOT recognize the LINK button?   That would do what I am trying to do and players would have the option of changing variations with a RH voice change or changing variations while keeping the current RH voice.

Deane

Deane

Lionel

Hi Dan,

You said it
If you think about something that can be improved, let me know.

(maybe saving the LINK button ON/OFF state with every song...)

That would be good as some songs you want to change your own thing and others you want the LINK button to change for you.

I would say yes to that!

Lionel

Dan

Deane,

I think some musicians are not using variations 1 2 3 4, but variation UP and DOWN only, and they also want to use the LINK feature.