News:

Version 1.20 is ready to download

Main Menu

VB3 Hammond clone software

Started by Bernie9, September 12, 2011, 01:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie9

I have read a lot of good remarks about this program, and am thinking it would be a good additional soundsource.  It is not sample based, but rather 9 contiously running waveforms.  This makes it very easy on the CPU.

http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=24

Since it is not a stand alone application, it requires a VST host like VSTHost.

I would like to have any opinions.

Bernie

Dan

There is a demo version. Maybe you can try and tell us :)

Bernie9

Dan
I downloaded it alright but having trouble with midi and WAV config.  It reccomends ASIO4all and got it, but I have a Presonus Audiobox I normally use for my OUTPUT and can't get it to sound.

I will keep trying but it is hit and miss.  I know it's user error. I was hoping to get enough interest from someone who knows what they're doing.  Hint hint.

Bernie

Dan

If you already have a Presonus audio card, you don't have to use ASIO4ALL, because it already own an ASIO driver.
You just need to use a VST host.
Remember the VAXG.exe  I sent you.
Just copy it and name it VB3.exe  and put it close to VB3.dll

Then select your MIDI IN and ASIO OUT

Bernie9

I appreciate the help Dan.  I will try it in the morning.

Bernie

Bernie9

I bought the program as it works as expected.  My question now is how to use it with vArranger.  There are questions conscerning outputs, channels, and controllers.

I am using an Axiom61 for vArranger, but don't see how I can switch between the instruments set up and split VB3 and still use the SD2 rhythms.  I would think it would be far easier using two midi controller keyboards.

Ideas welcome as I obviously don't know exactly how to proceed.

Bernie

Dan

I think you already installed Virtual Midi cables on your PC.

So just go on vArranger OPTIONS / MIDI PORTS  and select for example the virtual midi cable1 for the 2nd MIDI OUT.

Now, right click on the RIGHT1 track and unckeck the MIDI OUT 1 (ketron SD2)  but check the MIDI OUT 2 (Your VST)

If there is some sounds displayed on the RIGHT 2/3/4  just click on it and press OFF  (on top of the sound groups)

Now press SAVE / RIGHT SOUND.  Give it a name like   VB3 ORGAN.  So now, one of your sound will be the VST organ. COOL?

In the VB3 MIDI Inputs, select the virtual midi cable1.

That's it

Bernie9

The trouble is my virtual midi cables don't show in the out box. Just Wavetable,mapper, Uno Interface, and Audiobox. As described, it would give me right hand organ if I can get it to work.

Another thought is using two controllers to have a choice of full 2 handed VST organ and vArranger, but how would I control the rhythm chords from the organ manual ?

Bernie

Dan

Maybe you have to add midi ports on the virtual midi port software