How to avoid left hand from sounding when only chords shall be detected

Started by Akkordeonhansel, June 04, 2023, 06:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akkordeonhansel

Hello all,

this is probably a very newbee question.

When I play with the keyboard attached, the left had shall not sound with voice 1 and 2 but only chord detection shall be read by vArranger. Sounds shall only play above a splitt point for melody/soloing.

I played with the faders, the either sound or all is muted.

What is the trick to achive this?

Cheers
Stefan

Dan

You can select the LEFT track close to the master volume fader, then press OFF ( on top left of the sound groups : piano e.piano...)

Akkordeonhansel

Hey Dan,

your tipp works so far. Unless you switch to the next variation - then you have to switch off the sound of the left voice again. If I am only interessted in the generated accompaniment of VA2, that is a really nuisance.
Is this worth a parameter to set such an option.

While playing along music, I can not switch off the left channal sounds. Variations I can shuffle by way of an foot controler - I can not fiddle around on the laptop.

Just a point for discussion or more enlightement from Dan --> Stefan

Cheers

Dan

Akkordeonhansel

Hi Dan,

already changing the variation from "A" to "B" and so forth toggles the on/off switch to on in max volume. That´s not very useful in my opinion.

I attach a screenshot, of what I am talking about. Nope. Not working. If I go to reply, I always get a quick reply message opened with out possibility to attach by file upload.

Pasting the image into the text also does not work.
Well, that works if you toggle the view into source code view....
Sorry for describing my unsuccessful attempts and the succeeding in the end.

Cheers
StefanYou cannot view this attachment.

Dan

This is because you have the LINK button activated.
Just disable the LINK button and it will stop changing sounds when changing variation, and click again on OFF like I told you here : https://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php?msg=37484(

Akkordeonhansel

Is there a way to have the OTS switched when changing the variation?
I thought this is the meaninig on LINK - but it did not do the trick.

Like on a Tyros or GENOS, when I switch the variation the OTS switches the sounds for right 1-3.
How to do that in a same way without having the LEFT sound issue in the left hand accompanyment.

Cheers
Stefan

Dan

Yes. In vArranger, this LINK button is selecting sounds from the MYSOUNDS bar.
You cannot view this attachment.
To add sounds in your MYSOUNDS bar, just drag and drop sounds from the right vertical sound list, into the MYSOUNDS buttons
The MYSOUNDS buttons 1 2 3 4 will be linked to the variation 1 2 3 4, with the LINK button enabled
If you don't want the left to change, then you need to delete all the LEFT buttons (2nd row) of the MY SOUNDS bar, OR you decide to not have 10 RIGHT and 10 LEFT MYSOUNDS, and then select the MYSOUNDS bar to be 20 Right sounds : click on the RIGHT + LEFT, and it will become RIGHT only

Christoph

Hallo Stefan,

die Funktion "link" ist auf S. 35 der deutschprachigen Bedienungsanleitung erläutert. Vielleicht trifft das auch auf dein Problem zu.

Viel Erfolg
Christoph